Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck on GA-Z77-DS3H

I have everything working with the GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard, except the HDMI Audio. Attempted this method and still not having any luck. Used the device injection method to get proper display detection and I am using the latest ALC887 AppleHDA kexts. DSDT seems to build fine and the machine boots without any issues, but I don't see the HDMI Audio option in the sound output selection. Any one have any ideas on how to make this work?

Attach your edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Attached is a zip with the DSDT and IOReg dump. This DSDT was scrubbed for all errors, warning and remarks. It boots the system fine.

I also attempted a less scrubbed version of the DSDT that only eliminated errors (warnings and remarks left in place) that booted as well, but still no HDMI.

Attachments

• GA-Z77-DS3H-DSDT and IOReg.zip
    433.5 KB · Views: 175
Attached is a zip with the DSDT and IOReg dump. This DSDT was scrubbed for all errors, warning and remarks. It boots the system fine.

I also attempted a less scrubbed version of the DSDT that only eliminated errors (warnings and remarks left in place) that booted as well, but still no HDMI.
Can't use an audio enabler with a dsdt. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler887.kext, fix permissions and cache and restart. If you are using HD4000 EFI injection in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, remove it. Reply with new IOReg.

Can't use an audio enabler with a dsdt. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler887.kext, fix permissions and cache and restart. If you are using HD4000 EFI injection in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, remove it. Reply with new IOReg.

Thanks a million toleda! You were right on with your directions to remove the HDAEnabler and EFI injection. I now have a 99.9% functional Hackintosh! I've attached my final DSDT and IOReg. Thanks again!

Attachments

• GA-Z77-DS3H_DSDT_and_IOReg.zip
    549.3 KB · Views: 305
Thanks a million toleda! You were right on with your directions to remove the HDAEnabler and EFI injection. I now have a 99.9% functional Hackintosh! I've attached my final DSDT and IOReg. Thanks again!

Why 99.9%? Isn´t 100%?

Why 99.9%? Isn´t 100%?

Haha, probably should have been clearer. All the important hardware (audio, video, usb, ups, camera, etc...) works great. I have a Thermaltake DH-101 case and want to try and get the LCD, IR, and controls to work. But since it isn't a deal breaker, I put that work at 0.1%.

Thx Toleda!

Works on my 3570k with z77-ds3h !!!

Can you explain me why the injections (HDAenabler) have priority compared to dsdt?
Is it just because the enablers are loaded after?

I don't expect any issues with B75; no testing has been done to date. If you're interested, you can make the edits and verify the results. As with any other system, extract the dsdt as described in numerous guides. UEFI systems require dsdts. If you want HDMI audio in OS X, you will need an edited dsdt, even with UEFI.

I finally got the parts, and system is working fine with HDMI video out working, latest Chimera Installed, etc. I'm trying to extract DSDT with DSDT Editor, but when I compile, it shows 2 errors, one is fixed after clicking on FIX ERRORS, but the other one doesn't get fixed. Could you point me in the direction of getting a error free DSDT for my system. Thanks.

I found how to fix the error, file compiled without errors, just some warnings.
I'm on my way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 10.23.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 10.23.49 PM.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back