Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
The edited dsdt is not installed. Install it with Finder, DSDTSE or MultiBeast.

I definitely installed it, strange... I just re-did the process and got a new IOReg. Attached the new DSDT and IOReg

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 110
  • IOReg (after edit).zip
    359.1 KB · Views: 88
I definitely installed it, strange... I just re-did the process and got a new IOReg. Attached the new DSDT and IOReg
The dsdt you attached is 2 days old, it has no hdmi audio edits. Try again.

The dsdt you attached is 2 days old, it has no hdmi audio edits. Try again.

Sorry about that, something went wrong there. Here are the proper files. I checked and the IGPU and HDEF edits seem to be in the DSDT, still nothing in sound

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IOReg.zip
    364.7 KB · Views: 103
Sorry about that, something went wrong there. Here are the proper files. I checked and the IGPU and HDEF edits seem to be in the DSDT, still nothing in sound
IGPU is not in IOReg because the edited dsdt is not installed in Extra. Verify IGPU in IOReg before attaching another IOReg.

IGPU is not in IOReg because the edited dsdt is not installed in Extra. Verify IGPU in IOReg before attaching another IOReg.

This is so strange... The DSDT is definitely installed in extra. I have double and triple checked. There is also no GFX in the DSDT, yet it still appears under IOReg. The DSDT has only the IGPU part, yet it doesn't show under IOReg.

Any idea what might be causing this? Tomorrow I may just try to start with a new DSDT from scratch, do the HDMI edit first and then try and get the VIA2021 to work if there is no other solution.

Attached the newest files but you will see that there is no IGPU in the IOReg. Maybe something went wrong with the patching of the DSDT... Weird thing is that I wouldn't expect the GFX to load then as it isn't in the DSDT. This does seem like the DSDT is not installed under extra even though it definitly is installed...

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    377.4 KB · Views: 166
i have extracted my dsdt with the editor and i get 1 error after compile i have attached dsdt.dsl and ioreg (i dont think you need it because i have not made any progress.)
i am using 3770k, z77x-ud5h mobo.

Attachments

• davids imac12,2 .zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
  • dsdt (problem).dsl.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 82

Thanks for all your help! Found the error. The DSDt was correctly in /extra/, however I had an edited Boot.plist which linked to an outside DSDT. Therefore it wasn't loading.

HDMI audio now works perfectly alongside with the VIA2021!

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back