Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the method work to get HDMI audio on a GA-Z77-D3H with the via2021 chip using a patched APPLEHDA.kext?

Would the method work to get HDMI audio on a GA-Z77-D3H with the via2021 chip using a patched APPLEHDA.kext?
You can enable HD4000 HDMI audio, however, VIA onboard audio will not work. The method for HD4000 HDMI audio only uses the native ML_Applehda.kext.

So it should be possible to enable the HDMI audio on top of that then?
I don't know. You can try. Apply the HD4000 HDMI audio patch file and edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0C. Reply with IOReg.

I don't know. You can try. Apply the HD4000 HDMI audio patch file and edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0C. Reply with IOReg.

Thanks, I have the IOReg and attached it. Will try to edit the DSDT (also attached) using your guide

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    377.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 87
Thanks, I have the IOReg and attached it. Will try to edit the DSDT (also attached) using your guide

I did the following:

took your text and edited section 7 to my device ID as follows:

}, \n
"layout-id", \n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
}, \n

The rest I left and patched my DSDT.aml. The onboard audio is still working as before but I can't see the HDMI in the sound panel. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

The rest I left and patched my DSDT.aml. The onboard audio is still working as before but I can't see the HDMI in the sound panel. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
Have no clue until there is a copy of IOReg.

Have no clue until there is a copy of IOReg.

See post above but I also attached the files to this post. IOReg and the working DSDT.aml (before HDMI edit)

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    377.9 KB · Views: 78
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 76
  • DSDT (after edit).aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 98
  • IOReg (after edit).zip
    368.6 KB · Views: 74
See post above but I also attached the files to this post. IOReg and the working DSDT.aml (before HDMI edit)

Thanks for the help.
It only matters what happen after the edits; edited dsdt and new IOREG.

Attachments

• DSDT (after edit).aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 91
  • IOReg (after edit).zip
    368.6 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back