Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion GUIDE - 2012 Sony VAIO S Series (SVS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything abut that bootloader. And your DSDT should take care of your HD4K injection, so you don't need to bootloader to do anything for you there. You should be able to use Chimera or Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Alright. Will try that. With the dsdt patch I could boot into OS X without HD4000PlatformId=4 string.. at least with the chameleon bootloader. Will try with chimera.

I'm still not sure what you have installed via Multibeast at this point or if you have installed a bootloader to your HDD?

Right now I have not installed anything yet. No multibeast or any bootloader. I booted through Unibeast into OS X. My OS X installation is untouched.

Alright. Will try that. With the dsdt patch I could boot into OS X without HD4000PlatformId=4 string.. at least with the chameleon bootloader. Will try with chimera.

Right now I have not installed anything yet. No multibeast or any bootloader. I booted through Unibeast into OS X. My OS X installation is untouched.

You will need to implement power management + bootloader to boot from the HDD. Have we already been over that? I think we have...

And I guess you've got your DSDT installed to /Extra/dsdt.aml.

You will need to implement power management + bootloader to boot from the HDD. Have we already been over that? I think we have...
I installed Chimera bootloader and ran Multibeast but I don't know which settings are right for my system. Right now I get kernel panics. Something is wrong with my power management. I copied ssdt_pr.aml to Extra folder on my HDD, created MacBook Pro 9.2 sysdef and tried to boot.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3323/pjbjv2zj_jpg.htm

And I guess you've got your DSDT installed to /Extra/dsdt.aml.
Yes, after the installation of Chimera the Extra was created so I copied dsdt.aml into that folder, along with ssdt_pr.aml

I installed Chimera bootloader and ran Multibeast but I don't know which settings are right for my system. Right now I get kernel panics. Something is wrong with my power management. I copied ssdt_pr.aml to Extra folder on my HDD, created MacBook Pro 9.2 sysdef and tried to boot.
http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3323/pjbjv2zj_jpg.htm

You need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext.

And ssdt_pr.aml should be renamed to /Extra/ssdt.aml

You should probably also double check that you have GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No, DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Most DSDTs have this, but you should also verify that the Processor objects are declared in Scope (_PR). Search for 'Processor' in your DSDT code and you should find it.

It worked! I guess... After I installed the patches cpu management kext in multibeast and did the other things you wrote, it finally booted (and installed missing fake smc kext).

It no longer loads nullcpu but instead x86platform... Checked it in ioreg.

And in dpci manager the p states button shows me a log with changing 'current state', 'p state's and 'com.apple.kextcache......'

It worked! I guess... After I installed the patches cpu management kext in multibeast and did the other things you wrote, it finally booted (and installed missing fake smc kext).

It no longer loads nullcpu but instead x86platform... Checked it in ioreg.

And in dpci manager the p states button shows me a log with changing 'current state', 'p state's and 'com.apple.kextcache......'

Certainly sounds like success...

Certainly sounds like success...

Yes.. Hardware monitor shows changing cpu speeds, too. Thank you. :)

But I can't shut down/restart my system properly.. I have to hold down my power button for 2-3 seconds.. :/

On my other installation I did not have this problem, it shut down and restarted, out of the box. No multibeast or anything else needed.

On this installation I ran multibeast and selected user dsdt installation. Maybe something went wrong? I even tried 'evoreboot' kext in multibeast, rebuilt s/l/e & cache.

No success so far.. :/

Yes.. Hardware monitor shows changing cpu speeds, too. Thank you. :)

But I can't shut down/restart my system properly.. I have to hold down my power button for 2-3 seconds.. :/

On my other installation I did not have this problem, it shut down and restarted, out of the box. No multibeast or anything else needed.

On this installation I ran multibeast and selected user dsdt installation. Maybe something went wrong? I even tried 'evoreboot' kext in multibeast, rebuilt s/l/e & cache.

No success so far.. :/

We use this DSDT patch for shutdown/restart on the ProBook. I can see what it does, but I'm not sure I understand why it is necessary:

Code:
#  Shutdown fix
into method label _PTS code_regex_not If\s\(LEqual\s\(Arg0,\s0x05\)\) code_regex ^((?:.|\n)*)$ replace_matched
begin
    If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {}\n
    Else\n
    {\n
%1
    }\n
end;

I think it is somewhat generic, in that more than just the ProBook tend to have this problem and need this particular fix.

It may or may not work with your DSDT, but you can try. And if it doesn't work, post your DSDT, so I can look at it...

Tried to patch my dsdt.aml file in MaciASL but it didn't let me apply it. "1 patch, 0 changes, 0 rejects"

Maybe it's multibeast's fault because of wrong settings with "User DSDT/DSDT Free Mode". Why did it work on the other installation without any extra patch/kext/multibeast?

Here is my dsdt... Thank you for helping

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 81
Tried to patch my dsdt.aml file in MaciASL but it didn't let me apply it. "1 patch, 0 changes, 0 rejects"

Maybe it's multibeast's fault because of wrong settings with "User DSDT/DSDT Free Mode". Why did it work on the other installation without any extra patch/kext/multibeast?

Here is my dsdt... Thank you for helping

Some patches are specific to the actual code in the DSDT, in this case the code that is in the ProBook's DSDT (and others).

Here is a modified version that does the same thing:
Code:
#  Shutdown fix
into method label _PTS code_regex ([\s\S]*) replace_matched
begin
    If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {}\n
    Else\n
    {\n
%1
    }\n
end;

You will also need TNOT patch: