Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Ethernet goes once and once not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P55 UD 6
CPU
Intel Core i7 @2,80 Ghz
Graphics
Sapphire Ati ratheon hd5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I've successfully installed Mountain Lion on my desktop (Gigabyte p55a ud6 - i7 - Sapphire Ati radeon hd5770).
Everything works good, except the ethernet connection. At the first boot, before running multi beast my ethernet works, after "multibeasting" (I sign only user dsdt and 2 kext for the hdd icons) the ethernet stop to work. So, I simply install the driver RTGNiC v2.0.6 from realteck support, and I use chameleon to assign a model (iMac 11.3) to get iCloud working.
After this things, start this loop, one time i can use the keyboard in the boot loader and the ethernet work, then i restart and i can't use the keyboard in the boot loader, i get inside ML (i'd set up the "time out" string to get inside automatically) and the ethernet is not working. I've tried 20 times to reboot and this loop is repeated constantly. Anyone have some ideas about this?!
Thank you in advance for your attention, maybe you need more infos and i will write it back, be patient is my first post... :D

I install 'maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet' in Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Network to get my ethernet working. You're going to have to install one of them. Choose the one that matches your ethernet controller.

Sorry if my english is not soo good, but i wasn't meaning that my ethernet doesn't work, with the realteck driver it work properly, the problem is that one time in works then the next reboot it doesn't. Then i reboot and it work then i do another reboot and it doesn't... it makes this loop that's making me a bit crazy! :eek::eek:

My guess is that if you install an Ethernet controller with MultiBeast, it will work every time you boot.

I've also been experiencing some spotty ethernet issues with my build. Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, using the Lnx2Mac driver that I had always used in SL and Lion, were not working properly with ML. I would boot one time, and everything would be working fine. After a reboot, nothing. The port appeared to be dead, with no activity lights or anything. Switching the port yielded no result, though the activity lights were on in the second port. Checking sys prefs indicated that there was no ethernet controller installed (was not available as an option to set up a new connection).

Then I installed the official realtek driver from Multibeast and its been better. But I had to reboot once this morning in order to get my internet back.

It isn't just a matter of selecting the appropriate kext from multibeast.

J

Sorry i forgot to write back to you that i've tried to install the ethernet driver from multi beast, after a clean install, but it doesn't work at all... :crazy:

Hi !

I installed ML yesterday I had the same problem. First boot ethernet worked whit no problem. Everything worked but audio. I run multbeast 4.6.1 to instal audio but no success and ethernet stoped working. WHY ???? I do not know. I made a new installation end used multibeast 4.4.1 to got audi to work. Even this time ethernet after multibeast run stop working. So I run multibeast 4.4.1 again and selected realtek kext. After that audio and ethernet works.

Tray using multibeast 4.4.1 for older mainboards.

I hope it will work

Tony

The issue seems to have fixed itself for now. No issues with internet for the last few days.

You get it sorted?

J

Thanks to all of you for your replies... with the kexts from multi beast my ethernet doesn't work at all... so i get back to a clean installation and the original realteck driver, is still doing the same "loopy" but for sure better to reboot when it doesn't work than to haven't the internet connection. When it works everything is ok, also iCloud and stuff... it's a bit boring, I googled everyday for a week but i can't find a solution... all the rest of the system works really good.

Hi,

I have ga-h55m-s2h and facing the same problem. Did anybody face and resolve this problem.

Deep ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back