After selecting startup disk (verbose running) then black screen

Fyi
Im using Aocg27q2s for primary monitor. Attached to hdmi-hdmi
set DVMT to 64MB and then these are not required:
framebuffer-patch-enable data 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem data 00003001
framebuffer-fbmem data 00009000

Okay. Sorry that didn't help.

I've done some reading-up for you and notice the iMac17,1 did use the same CPU that you have, but an AMD R9 GPU, not the HD530. This might be the problem. However by specifying the HD530 correctly I wouldn't expect it to halt the system.

HDMI should be fine.

I don't really want to give you more ideas to test if is going to have such a serious outcome! The black screen occurs at the point where the system switches over from boot graphics to main OS graphics... So may occur after verbose finishes.

There are a few other device-IDs you can test (only if you want to!)

View attachment 575567

I grabbed these from the Clover Configurator app (no, I know we are not using Clover, but it has its uses!)

Anyway, if things still don't work then maybe someone else can chime in.

:)
Thanks, i think ill buy 10th gen or trying to test with dvga

already, but random reboot, still happens

==
Trying to test install with ubuntu desktop, see that the problem exists or not.
That random restart still happens, so this is my hardware issue not an software..

Then i would say case closed, thanks for everyone that help me, will be buy and 10th gen intel.

Last edited:

Ah, I didn't realise. Good to know. Live and learn! :thumbup:

I must admit in my own NUC build I didn't need to add the "framebuffer" data lines either, but just thought it might be worth a try as looking at the EFI I didn't see what it was causing the problem. Still don't to be honest.

:)

Below is a view of the DeviceProperties for my P530 Intel IGPU. Yes that is correct P530, not HD530.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 22.11.40.png

All I needed to add was the fake device-id entry to have the P530 IGPU work with full acceleration in numerous releases of macOS, unto and including Monterey.

These settings worked perfectly for me driving 2 x 2560x1440 displays, while using the iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

All I had in the OC EFI other than the DeviceProperties above that was graphics related, was WhateverGreen.kext.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 22.09.11.png OC EFI folder contents.

A slightly adapted set of DeviceProperties should work for your HD530 IGPU. Unless you have something in your setup that clashes with these properties and the WhateverGreen.kext patches.

Why do you have -wegnoegpu boot argument in your config.plist? You haven't mentioned a discrete GPU, do you have an unsupported NVIDIA GPU installed?

If not, you should remove the unnecessary boot argument.
You have Audio codec layout-id entry in the DeviceProperties and boot arguments. The boot argument takes precedence so you can remove the DeviceProperties entry (located immediately above the IGPU device properties).

Can you post a copy of the System DSDT.aml as I would like to check out a few things that may be affecting your MSI motherboard. Issues I found on a similar MSI PC Mate board, that the standard fixes/SSDTs etc. didn't account for when running macOS.

Why do you have -wegnoegpu boot argument in your config.plist? You haven't mentioned a discrete GPU, do you have an unsupported NVIDIA GPU installed?

If not, you should remove the unnecessary boot argument.
You have Audio codec layout-id entry in the DeviceProperties and boot arguments. The boot argument takes precedence so you can remove the DeviceProperties entry (located immediately above the IGPU device properties).

Can you post a copy of the System DSDT.aml as I would like to check out a few things that may be affecting your MSI motherboard. Issues I found on a similar MSI PC Mate board, that the standard fixes/SSDTs etc. didn't account for when running macOS.
yeah, an experiment, but not solving anything :lol:

already clean format my ssd, so i can reproduce-it anymore,
btw, case closed, i think theres problem with my rig, yesterday im installing ubuntu desktop, and still reboot,
then it must be hardware failure

Not really solved, but do what makes you comfortable.

Back