Contribute
Register

Monterey desktop installation stuck at [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

Thank you for you the continued help, I will be looking into this when I am back on 10/15 (unfortunately)

Thank you for you the continued help, I will be looking into this when I am back on 10/15 (unfortunately)
You know, I am thinking there may be something wrong possibly with your board’s BIOS because in my experience it should be a relatively easy thing to do. I would strongly advise you to upgrade the BIOS but one to around F21 only for the Aorus Elite. It should probably clear up any issues you have at the moment (barring hardware which may have failed). There is also a possibility the problem is your RX580 because some cards based on the Lexa core do not work on macOS.

For Z490 setups there is one more thing you can do to run things and that is to spoof Coffee Lake CPUID and IGPU values to the config.plist. That is found in my Z490 Rodimus build below which I use for Catalina/High Sierra.

As to your AMD HDMI GPU display issue - I am thinking it is possible it is a) not working or b) maybe not compatible with macOS (if it is Lexa core based). Have you tried to install Windows on this system? If so what does GPU-Z show for the GPU?
Ok, I have been using this AMD card for 3 years with my Mojave build. I pulled the card from that build, and plugged it into this current build. So I know the card did work with no issues for a while.
I have not tried it on any Windows systems though.

Okay. If you’ve done all that I’ve mentioned and it still reboots then it’s time to do something different. Try to remove the AMD GPU and reboot using just the Intel IGPU and see if it boots, not forgetting to remove the device properties for it under Devices and the agdpmod=ignore boot-arg.
Trying this now.

You know, I am thinking there may be something wrong possibly with your board’s BIOS because in my experience it should be a relatively easy thing to do. I would strongly advise you to upgrade the BIOS but one to around F21 only for the Aorus Elite. It should probably clear up any issues you have at the moment (barring hardware which may have failed). There is also a possibility the problem is your RX580 because some cards based on the Lexa core do not work on macOS.

For Z490 setups there is one more thing you can do to run things and that is to spoof Coffee Lake CPUID and IGPU values to the config.plist. That is found in my Z490 Rodimus build below which I use for Catalina/High Sierra.
I flashed BIOS to the latest version - F22 - using the current BIOS file from the Gigabyte site. Could the file have somehow been corrupted? The BIOS interface seems normal when scrolling through the menus.

Should I downgrade to the F21 version?

Last edited:
Removing the AMD card and changing the device properties results in a frozen screen and error when booting. This appears to be the same error as before unfortunately.

I flashed BIOS to the latest version - F22 - using the current BIOS file from the Gigabyte site. Could the file have somehow been corrupted? The BIOS interface seems normal when scrolling through the menus.

Should I downgrade to the F21 version?
Sorry, but there was a reason I asked you to flash to F21 version only. It was because YOU CAN'T DOWNGRADE AFTERWARDS using F22. Worst of all, it could affect how it runs as a hackintosh. Why did you not read and follow my instructions carefully beforehand?

As for the corruption I think you don't have much of a choice now - try to reflash from a new download (do try F21 first though). If you can't do it manually then use the Gigabyte BIOS app under Windows to upgrade the BIOS. The BIOS has a backup version btw if the first flash has failed.

As for the card, it is odd it is not responding as it should since on Gigabyte systems the very least you can do is run the system using an Intel IGPU as a hackintosh.

Also try this EFI which I've updated to OC 0.8.5.

If it doesn’t boot you must run the EFI using the ResetNVRAM tool first once before booting with the new EFI again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.5 MB · Views: 57
Sorry, but there was a reason I asked you to flash to F21 version only. It was because YOU CAN'T DOWNGRADE AFTERWARDS using F22. Worst of all, it could affect how it runs as a hackintosh. Why did you not read and follow my instructions carefully beforehand?

As for the corruption I think you don't have much of a choice now - try to reflash from a new download (do try F21 first though). If you can't do it manually then use the Gigabyte BIOS app under Windows to upgrade the BIOS. The BIOS has a backup version btw if the first flash has failed.

As for the card, it is odd it is not responding as it should since on Gigabyte systems the very least you can do is run the system using an Intel IGPU as a hackintosh.

Also try this EFI which I've updated to OC 0.8.5.

If it doesn’t boot you must run the EFI using the ResetNVRAM tool first once before booting with the new EFI again.
Oh that's such a bummer that I missed that. The BIOS was changed three months ago before logging into this forum, sorry I was not clear about that.

I will try to revert to the F21 version and will also try the EFI and report back.

Man I’ve been searching two weeks for the answer to the Bluetoothd error and your config setup did it! Literally made an account just now to thank you @Middleman

Attachments

• IMG_4852.jpeg
    IMG_4852.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
Man I’ve been searching two weeks for the answer to the Bluetoothd error and your config setup did it! Literally made an account just now to thank you @Middleman
@dubedollars

The config worked out for you? Fantastic! And thanks for the compliments (am flattered tbh) :)

Back