Contribute
Register

Mojave to Catalina 10.15.1 Update - Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s impossible to do, only if I format or install with another drive. With the black screen I can’t see a thing..

No luck. Formatted disk and then cloned my working Mojave to the new clean disk. Booted in Mojave and did all the steps to install macOS Catalina. No luck, even updating clover and installing WEG 1.3.4 and Lilu 1.3.9.

I can't seem to have this version working...

Same here!
GA Z390 M Gaming i9 9900k Sapphire Pulse RX 580... Also tried updating clover what had resolved the issue of Black Screen on 10.15.0... But now on 10.15.1 nothing resolved the problem... Interesting to point 10.15.1 introduced support for AMD Navi GPUs, maybe this scrambled things a bit.

Did you try with agdpmod=pikera in your config.plist (add this to Arguments in Boot section)

Did you try with agdpmod=pikera in your config.plist (add this to Arguments in Boot section)
The problem is solved... I updated Whatevergreen to latest 1.3.4 which addresses this problem of Black Screen in 10.15.1... Now everything works. No need for extra boot arguments.

Hi Folks, i had the same issue here, when entering the suggested Boot Arguments, im able to boot into installer, how can i leave this arguments permanent in the EFI partition? thanks

H270N-WIFI - i7700K - Radeon - RX480

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 55
Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator... There is a section called Boot... There you can find a box for boot arguments insertion... Put it there... Save your config.plist and you are done.
To reach your EFI partition in Clover Configurator use Mount Partition section.

Hi Folks, i had the same issue here, when entering the suggested Boot Arguments, im able to boot into installer, how can i leave this arguments permanent in the EFI partition? thanks

H270N-WIFI - i7700K - Radeon - RX480

i will do that, also when i change the SMBIOS To iMac Pro 1,1 the system doesn't start, it goes to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back