ASRock H370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I appreciate any input on this, thank you in advance.

I have High Sierra 10.13.6 running and I'm trying to clean install Mojave on the same machine using install media, but the screen blacks out("no signal detected" msg from my monitor) right after this.

IMG_0072.jpg

But HDD LED keeps on blinking, and after it stopped for a while I forced shutdown and when I turn it on again, "macOS Prebooter from Preboot" "FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" are added on Clover boot screen, but screen blacks out at around a similar point("starting optimistic DAD" or "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3") when I try to boot the target disk again.

I followed various install media creation and EFI tuning guides, used EFIs of other similar builds and tried all kinds of solutions I found, but all of them ended up with near identical results as the screenshot.

If you can take a look at my files and tell me what I'm doing wrong I really appreciate it.

Hardware
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: iGPU(UHD Graphics 630)
RAM: Corsair CMV8GX4M1A2133C15 8GBx2 (DDR4, 2133MHz)
Motherboard: ASRock H370M Pro4
Screen Number: 1
Screen Resolution: HD(1920 x 1080)
SSD: WDS240G1G0B 240GB (M.2 SATA)
HDD: Toshiba MK1234GSX SATA 120GB

UEFI: ver 1.10(first release)
Mojave installer version: 14.5.02

- Going with Clover-only vanilla (Kexts injected from Clover, nothing installed on system)
- HS is running from HDD automatically formatted to APFS during installation
- Mojave is to be installed to the empty SSD, which had HS successfully installed on it before
- Bios setting is same as this except "Load XMP Setting" isn't available on my board(or my UEFI version)
- Install media is an SD card + card reader connected to USB2.0 port, which worked fine when I used it to install HS

Other things I tried
- Switch from HDMI to DVI and vice versa
- Remove all devices except for install media, KB and mouse
- Create install media with a different drive (HDD)

Attached Files
EssentialsList - generated on my working HS
Logs - Preboot.log & debug.log from Clover and ACPI DumpLog that EssentialsList tool didn't collect
EFI - As of now I got Mojave installer from AppStore, did "create install media" from commandline, then copied this EFI over from my working HS on to the install media(It doesn't work and I know this isn't how it's done but I thought EFI that works with HS should be the cleanest starting point, without any uneducated edits I did to tune it for Mojave)

- gen_debug tool by black.dragon74 got "unable to connect" error despite trying off-line method on Github and 'export testURL=""' so I couldn't generate it

State of my working High Sierra
Working: Ethernet, analog audio out, USB2.0 & 3.1 ports (haven't tested speed for 3.1)

Known issues: freezes when trying sleep, entire window flickers when using Chrome, video on Twitter plays very slowly on Chrome and doesn't play on Safari, Youtube controls(title at the top & sliders at the bottom) flickers when played full screen for both Chrome and Safari

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 153
  • EssentialsList-2019-06-21 01.47.16.zip
    264.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Logs.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I know that Hackintosh has "Hack" in it for a reason so I want to be able to solve things on my own but so far I can't make use of EssentialsList files and logs... If anyone can drop a link about debug/troubleshooting detective work for Hackintosh that'll be really helpful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back