Contribute
Register

Mojave compatible GPU for under $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that those are about $50 - Intel graphics are actually a lot more powerful. If you want to try it on your X58 build, then go ahead and give it a try.
I'm already using the GT 710 with the X58 and High Sierra, though with the NVIDIA Web drivers. I plan on trying with the Mojave, however, the system is one I've set up for my parents so I'll have to wait till they go on holidays before messing with it :p New web drivers may be out by then so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference in performance.

EDIT: Speaking of which I am about to try my hand at shifting my Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) | i7-4770K | Asus Strix GeForce GTX 970 build to Intel HD4600 until web drivers come out. Searching the forums for info now as I've NEVER tried the Intel onboard GPU before.

I cannot comment on using Mojave from personal experience, or using HD4600 graphics with Mojave, but @headkaze has a couple of threads over on the graphics section of the forum that you should have a look at.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

Worth using a cheap 120GB SSD for some practice and tests before you update your main High Sierra installation. This can also be used for a test install on the X58 system when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back