CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone I was wondering if any of you know where I can get a Mojave compatible GPU for less than $40. I have found a good deal on an Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 on ebay and was wondering if this was compatible, and if not, what is an alternative option? Thanks in advanced

No. The 5770 is not compatible with Mojave. (That's why they're cheap.) HD7950 and newer for AMD graphics cards. Or (my recommendation) a Nvidia GT 740 which doesn't need the Nividia drivers.

No. The 5770 is not compatible with Mojave. (That's why they're cheap.) HD7950 and newer for AMD graphics cards. Or (my recommendation) a Nvidia GT 740 which doesn't need the Nividia drivers.
Did you mean 7770 when you said 5770? Okay I will check out the GT740. I am not to familiar with graphic cards though, so I have to ask if it HAS to be NVIDIA or can it be MSI, EVGA, etc.?

Did you mean 7770 when you said 5770? Okay I will check out the GT740. I am not to familiar with graphic cards though, so I have to ask if it HAS to be NVIDIA or can it be MSI, EVGA, etc.?
Ah, I need another cup of COFFEE!! Thanks for correcting me. I'm going to use a HD7950 left over from my old Mac Pro 3,1 which I upgraded to a GTX 680.

Ah, I need another cup of COFFEE!! Thanks for correcting me. I'm going to use a HD7950 left over from my old Mac Pro 3,1 which I upgraded to a GTX 680.
What? Now I am confused...

What? Now I am confused...
Sorry, TMI. A GT 740 is what you want as the lowest cost Mojave Metal compatible graphics card.

Sorry, TMI. A GT 740 is what you want as the lowest cost Mojave Metal compatible graphics card.
Okay. And you said that it will work out of the box without any special kexts or boot args in clover at startup? and does it require an external power source, meaning does it require a cable to be plugged into the PSU or MOBO?

Okay. And you said that it will work out of the box without any special kexts or boot args in clover at startup? and does it require an external power source, meaning does it require a cable to be plugged into the PSU or MOBO?
I don't know since I don't have a GT 740. Look at the available cards, then look on that card's manufacturer's web site.

I don't know since I don't have a GT 740. Look at the available cards, then look on that card's manufacturer's web site.
Okay. Thanks.

Isn't the GT 710 also compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back