1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(I originally posted this on an other thread, then thought that it should not be an answer so much as another question. Hopefully I was correct...)

I have an ASUS ROG H370-I with an Intel i3-8100 and a Samsung 970 EVO 512GB M.2 and it hangs at 2 minutes remaining installing Mojave 14.1. And by hang I mean the system seemingly locks up. Mouse does not move.

Oddly enough the keyboard/mouse function fine in BIOS/UEFI setup but once booted into the installer the keyboard stops functioning. Fortunately the mouse works. Tried a couple keyboards and different ports but no joy with the keyboard. Odd, but I can proceed with the installation.

I followed all the instructions for creating the installer with the latest Unibeast. The system boots the installer fine, and formatting the SSD as APFS or HFS+ makes no difference when installing. I unplugged my second HDD and DVD with no change. Having the system connected to ethernet also has no effect on installation. No matter what I do the installer freezes up with the 2 minutes remaining message on screen and the log, shown below.

I've attached a screencap of the installer log up to the point where it freezes. Odd error about "disk23s1 is not convertible to APFS" when the install target *IS* APFS. Not sure why Open Directory is coming into it (in the log) as there was no network connected. Any suggestions?

log.jpg

(I originally posted this on an other thread, then thought that it should not be an answer so much as another question. Hopefully I was correct...)

I have an ASUS ROG H370-I with an Intel i3-8100 and a Samsung 970 EVO 512GB M.2 and it hangs at 2 minutes remaining installing Mojave 14.1. And by hang I mean the system seemingly locks up. Mouse does not move.

Oddly enough the keyboard/mouse function fine in BIOS/UEFI setup but once booted into the installer the keyboard stops functioning. Fortunately the mouse works. Tried a couple keyboards and different ports but no joy with the keyboard. Odd, but I can proceed with the installation.

I followed all the instructions for creating the installer with the latest Unibeast. The system boots the installer fine, and formatting the SSD as APFS or HFS+ makes no difference when installing. I unplugged my second HDD and DVD with no change. Having the system connected to ethernet also has no effect on installation. No matter what I do the installer freezes up with the 2 minutes remaining message on screen and the log, shown below.

I've attached a screencap of the installer log up to the point where it freezes. Odd error about "disk23s1 is not convertible to APFS" when the install target *IS* APFS. Not sure why Open Directory is coming into it (in the log) as there was no network connected. Any suggestions?

View attachment 368542
Just try to restart and then select the install mac ... from <your partition> and then the installation should continue from harddrive.
This is usually the point where the system restarts.

I neglected to mention that but if I do that and select the First "drive" in the clover boot loader (Preboot on Preboot or some such) it does seem to at least attempt to continue with installation. The first time I tried it the progress bar showed a little slice of progress and then hung overnight. This time it is telling me it has 13 minutes to go but no progress bar and the drive light does not flash at all. I'll let it sit there for a while and see what it does.

Any further suggestions?

I followed the basic instructions and nowhere do I remember seeing anything about choosing drivers in the Installation Guide here. Do you have a link to that info? Sounds like I need to dig a little deeper...

I managed to find that file on github and place that file in the correct folder on the EFI partition (renaming the suggested unneeded file) unfortunately either that method does not work or that was not the problem...

Not yet, I will post the answer when/if I find it.

View attachment 368542

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-z390-h-9900k-vega-64-970evo-freeze-on-last-2-mins.266292/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back