Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have successfully upgrade to Yosemite, so just wanted to share it with you.

Steps:

1. Followed steps from http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

2. When came to MultiBeast, I have used following settings:

View attachment 107703

IMPORTANT: Boot Options -> Kext Dev Mode (solves boot issue)

3. Delete from /System/Library/Extensions GenericUSBXHCI.kext (in order to solve USB issues). Note that for same reason, no USB 3.0 has been selected in MultiBeast.

4. In Yosemite, sound did not work until I have changed Sound Output to "Internal Speakers”

5. My TP Link TL-WN781ND (AR9285) could not find any WiFi networks, so I needed to find new kext.. (let me know if you need help with find it).

Troubleshooting:
1. Slow shut down
Reason: Old Parallels installation left some files in LaunchDaemons folder
Solution: deleted com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist from /Library/LaunchDaemons

That's it!

Good luck, hope this could be helpful..

I successfully upgrade too, but now, without USB 3.0 selected in MultiBeast, my pc don't read USB, how do you fix this problem?

All,

Upgraded no problem, and have been using Clover for a couple of months. For those using this board, Clover is super easy to use as long as you follow the Mavericks guide. No speacial steps required when using this board, although you may need to inject a unique serial number, MLB, and ROM values. I suggest reading the Fix iMessage post as well as the Clover Wiki to get a better understanding of Clover.

Just a couple things with my system which is using the F15 bios.

1.) I lost USB 3.0 speeds with Mavericks, so have not had a chance to check Yosemite yet.

2.) I had to use Multibeast 6.0.1 to get sound, and then was confused because no audible alert was triggered when adjusting the volume in Yosemite?

Other than that everything else is working great!

Spang1974

I successfully upgrade too, but now, without USB 3.0 selected in multibeast, my pc don't read USB, how do you fix this problem?

As I said above, following step solved my USB problems:
delete /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
reboot

As I said above, following step solved my USB problems:
delete /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
reboot

i delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext but don't work

i delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext but don't work

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

ok, now work, thanks a lot :D

Hi, I have a system with ga-b75m-d3p and i5 3570k and fail to access to the yosemite's installation tool via Unibeast as a clean install with USB stick.... After the apple logo for few seconds, the system stops with a sort of clock (!) image.
I tried to change usb port with no results.
Any suggestions? With mavericks I hadn't any problem in many installation process.
Thanks in advance
Andrea

Hi, I have a system with ga-b75m-d3p and i5 3570k and fail to access to the yosemite's installation tool via Unibeast as a clean install with USB stick.... After the apple logo for few seconds, the system stops with a sort of clock (!) image.
I tried to change usb port with no results.
Any suggestions? With mavericks I hadn't any problem in many installation process.
Thanks in advance
Andrea

i've had the same problem, i've fix this with "-x" option at the first boot and now everything ok, try :)

I ended doing a clean install with clover to fix iMessage. I agree Clover is super easy to configure. Can't tell a speed difference with UEFI but overall I'm pleased.

All,

Upgraded no problem, and have been using Clover for a couple of months. For those using this board, Clover is super easy to use as long as you follow the Mavericks guide. No speacial steps required when using this board, although you may need to inject a unique serial number, MLB, and ROM values. I suggest reading the Fix iMessage post as well as the Clover Wiki to get a better understanding of Clover.

Just a couple things with my system which is using the F15 bios.

1.) I lost USB 3.0 speeds with Mavericks, so have not had a chance to check Yosemite yet.

2.) I had to use Multibeast 6.0.1 to get sound, and then was confused because no audible alert was triggered when adjusting the volume in Yosemite?

Other than that everything else is working great!

Spang1974

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back