Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
What USB3 issues are you experiencing ?

same as some others on this discussion. All related to usb 3 ports, if you dont eject a flashdisk, the port will not read after that. takes some time picking up the keyboard on boot (usb2) - this is with the multibeast 6.0 settings and mavericks as described in this thread. i was wondering if the new drivers in 6.01 sorted anything out related o this build.

Hey all,

I have a question not related to the Mavericks update, but for a video and audio sync issue on the web.

I have the identical build as Moarfish, and am using HD4000 graphics. When i make videos full screen the audio lags heavily behind the video. Do I need to get a graphics card?

I dont think It is graphics because I have played borderlands 2 and Counter-Strike:GO on a 40in LCD at great fps rates(around 40 i presume) on moderate settings.

I am using OSX 10.8.4. Would anyone know what this issue could be? Thanks a bunch, this build rocks.

-cpk

This was my easiest install ever. (Mseth)
Lnx2mac worked.
Everything works but iMessage and my Rosewill USB wireless.
No tweaking of anything to work.
One small boot problem: it only boots from SSD when only SSD attached.
My main drive with 10.8.3 and Mavericks is no go.

To get iMessage to work, I had to install filenvram version 1.1.2. For whatever reason, the latest version 1.1.3 didn't work for me.

http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

I used the original DSDT from this build and I don't get any audio out from the green output on the back. Any ideas?

I also have to reboot every time with "-x" to get to desktop. Any help would be great thanks!!

EDIT:

I can also reach desktop with npci=0x3000 , never had to do this with ML

no audio even with ALC887/888b Current v100302
no sleep

on -v boot, i get a DRMStatus iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem error.

Would repairing permissions help anything? Thanks everyone.

Hi,

hmm, after upgrade to Mavericks, I cannot boot any more. Mac automatically restarts as soon as get to bigger resolution screen (Apple logo screen). Tried with GraphicsEnabler, safe mode.. Nothing helped..

Same issue if I boot from Unibeast USB..

I am pretty much stacked, so any help is more then appreciated!

Thnx in advance!

Hi,

hmm, after upgrade to Mavericks, I cannot boot any more. Mac automatically restarts as soon as get to bigger resolution screen (Apple logo screen). Tried with GraphicsEnabler, safe mode.. Nothing helped..

Same issue if I boot from Unibeast USB..

I am pretty much stacked, so any help is more then appreciated!

Thnx in advance!

Hi Nalaj

Did you upgrade an existing build or do a clean install and then migrate your data back ?

I did a clean install & migrate data, and Mavericks is working fine for me.
The USB3 (built in) ports even work for USB2 & USB3 flash drives & external 2.5" USB3 HDDs.

The only thing I haven't tried fixing yet is HDMI audio.

And just to confirm, did you use the latest UniBeast & MultiBeast ?

Hi Nalaj

Did you upgrade an existing build or do a clean install and then migrate your data back ?

I did a clean install & migrate data, and Mavericks is working fine for me.
The USB3 (built in) ports even work for USB2 & USB3 flash drives & external 2.5" USB3 HDDs.

The only thing I haven't tried fixing yet is HDMI audio.

And just to confirm, did you use the latest UniBeast & MultiBeast ?

Hi furbies,

I upgraded from ML 10.8.4, did not perform clean install... I have used latest UniBeast.. I saw some similar testimonials and advice to update BIOS firmware (I am on old F4). I will try that.. Eventually will try with clean install, but note that I am getting same problem when booting from USB..

Now when thinking, this was strange, problem appeared immediately when I was booting from USB (UniBeast) using Chimera. When I set to boot from USB in BIOS, I was able to upgrade..

Hm, any thoughts on that?

Thnx!!!

Hi furbies,

I upgraded from ML 10.8.4, did not perform clean install... I have used latest UniBeast.. I saw some similar testimonials and advice to update BIOS firmware (I am on old F4). I will try that.. Eventually will try with clean install, but note that I am getting same problem when booting from USB..

Now when thinking, this was strange, problem appeared immediately when I was booting from USB (UniBeast) using Chimera. When I set to boot from USB in BIOS, I was able to upgrade..

Hm, any thoughts on that?

Thnx!!!

I have solved a issue following steps from http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/93108-chimera-sends-me-loop.html

Actually, by reading what I have written about Chimera, it came to me what could be the reason..

Thnx!

I finally got around to updating my i7-3770k build using the GA-B75M-D3H - to Maverics 10.9.1, naturally.

I'm dumbfounded with how simple it was. I created the boot USB as per the instructions, downloaded MultiBeast, downloaded OSX Mavericks and simply followed the instructions. Multibeast is a little different, but everything simply works, including audio, ethernet, USB, TRIM, infrared receiver (cobbled together from a Macbook Pro), bluetooth, sleep, shutdown, restart, etc.

I'm not sure what more I could expect given I started this process when I was on Lion and figured I might have to upgrade hardware between then and now. Nope, not even.

For those of you with sound or video issues, try resetting your bios to optimized defaults and starting over again with only the relevant changes. This is on revision 1.1 of the main board, FWIW.

Edit: The 'mute' function now works as well!

Edit: Ethernet suddenly stopped working after a reboot - had to repair permissions, now it's back. Pretty sure that was all me, as that's SOP after installing MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back