Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my current plan. (if nothing change again..)
Good if all is working fine.
Also no problem during installation of OS X?
Did you have to flash the Bios? Difficult?

First I partitioned my OCZ Vertex 4 128gb with Windows installer and installed Windows 7. Then using the Moarfish's guide installed MacOSX 10.8.1. After some time I thought to update BIOS. There was no problems as I used @bios utility from Windows (its only few clicks of mouse). Later when the 10.8.2 came out I updated using the combo update and reinstalled audio driver.

I used similar method for my work PC with Core2Quad Q8300 processor and Intel motherboard.

Unfortunately, my MB is a GA-B75M-D3P and its firmware is currently at F5, at least on Gigabyte's firmware updates. I am now running 10.8.1 again and it is working with slow boot and no USB flash drive working but I can work around it by rebooting in safe-mode and use the USB drives to copy and/or move files. I am starting to think there is something wrong with this particular MB since it worked ok for the first couple of weeks. I might try reflashing the firmware again - maybe it got corrupt somehow.

My guess about the firmware ended up being correct! I decided to reflash my bios, it was at version F5 and I reflashed it with the same version F5. I then rebooted, made the same changes to the bios setup that I've always done and then rebooted again. I saw the Chimera screen and 7 secs later, the login screen! All my USB ports work as expected and I am running Vanilla 10.8.2 except for the changes in Moarfish's setup guide. I now think that the 10.8.2 update directly from Apple via the app store, changed something in my bios!

Why did you stay with Bios F5, when there seems to be F11 according to previous posts..?

Why did you stay with Bios F5, when there seems to be F11 according to previous posts..?

I am using a ga-b75m-d3P motherboard and it's current firmware is F5. Pretty much the same board as the ga-b75m-d3H (which is using firmware F11) except more data ports. Basically, both boards use the same exact OSX hacks which is why I am posting in this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

I am using a ga-b75m-d3P motherboard and it's current firmware is F5. Pretty much the same board as the ga-b75m-d3H (which is using firmware F11) except more data ports. Basically, both boards use the same exact OSX hacks which is why I am posting in this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the info. I am just reading a lot about "don't forget to update your Bios to the latest". And was suprised of your F5, after reading F11 somewhere else.
No problem to post here, you are also using a GA-B75M (just the big sister of Moarfish's build.)

Thx!

Now i´m running 10.8 with Core i3 2100

The board is $65 on Newegg for one day only.

The board is $65 on Newegg for one day only.

i ordered mine today and read through the entire thread. this will be my first hackintosh build, but i am also on a tight budget.

I already have this case (Antec NSK 2480)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129034

and 8gb of ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231422

I am trying to decide if I want to chance it with a SB CPU or go for IB HD4000 for what looks like no headaches.

If i go for IB, ill be going for the i3 3225, though 144$ seems like a lot for a cpu (i havent done an intel build in years).

Also, what is the general consensus for ease? 10.7 or 10.8? Thanks in advance.

-newb

...what is the general consensus for ease? 10.7 or 10.8?

Well, you have to use Mountain Lion because Apple is not selling Lion in the Apple (Macintosh) App Store any more.

Hi all,

Hoping you guys can help me... I have the B75m-d3h (F11 bios) with the i3 3225, wanting to use HD 4000 graphics with either DVI or HDMI. Intending the build to be a media server.

Been trying to get ML installed, but not having much luck. Installation went fine with Unibeast. I used Multibeast to install all the options in the first post. The problem comes when I try to boot back into the hard disk. Either I end up on a white screen or on the desktop but unable to move (mouse cursor visible but can't be moved and keyboard/mouse is undetected). At this point, I tried re-plugging the keyboard, which didn't work. I tried switching from DVI to HDMI and vice versa and that either makes the screen go blue or no signal. I've tried booting into safe mode, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, PCIRootUID=1/0, but no luck.

Any suggestions? I see there are a few who have the same cpu/motherboard setup as me and are running fine. What do you think my problem is? Are there any specific BIOS settings we have to make sure we have. I've set to AHCI and VRAM to 64. Anything else to set?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT:
I finally got it up running! Had to change some BIOS settings. Set XHCI Pre-boot Driver to Disabled. Also set XHCI Mode to Disabled. After changing those two things, I could boot in fine. Screen came up and mouse was movable! Disabling XHCI makes all the USB ports 2.0. I don't need USB 3 at all and prefer to have a functional system, so it's all good!

Thanks Moarfish for a great guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back