Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ordered mine today and read through the entire thread. this will be my first hackintosh build, but i am also on a tight budget.

I already have this case (Antec NSK 2480)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129034

and 8gb of ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231422

I am trying to decide if I want to chance it with a SB CPU or go for IB HD4000 for what looks like no headaches.

If i go for IB, ill be going for the i3 3225, though 144$ seems like a lot for a cpu (i havent done an intel build in years).

Also, what is the general consensus for ease? 10.7 or 10.8? Thanks in advance.

-newb

$10-15 of savings are NOT worth the hassle. You could spend days trying to get SB CPU working with ML and this board. It may work, who knows, with manual updates of plist files and such, but I would go with 3225.

$10-15 of savings are NOT worth the hassle. You could spend days trying to get SB CPU working with ML and this board. It may work, who knows, with manual updates of plist files and such, but I would go with 3225.

10$ is def not worth the headache. thanks for talking sense into me.

now.. 3225 vs 3570? worth the $60? any less headache? good to see kunal got his 3225 working, but losing usb 3.0 sucks. i dont care now, but i will as soon as i get a 3.0 usb drive probably

Hello! I've just put together my first build based off of moarfish's build! I've been able to install OSX as per the instructions on this page & the tonymac guide. I've installed MultiBeast as directed here as well. My problem is I can't boot without the Unibeast USB drive.

My build:
Apple OS X 10.8.2
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H - F11
Intel Core i5 3570K

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Antec 300
Plextor M5S 120GB SSD
Antec High Current 430-Watt 80 Plus

I've reset the bios & set SATA to AHCI, tried leaving RAM at 1333 and XMP1, and still can't boot without USB. Once I boot from USB, everything seems to work great.

Any ideas?

paazel :

It looks like there is nothing wrong with the hardware you've got. If you follow the instruction, it should be working.
Try to boot with -v and look if there is any error message during boot.

OK! Good to hear! I'm sorry to be so ignorant, but how do you boot -v without the USB? or should I boot with the USB -v?

Thanks!

OK! Good to hear! I'm sorry to be so ignorant, but how do you boot -v without the USB? or should I boot with the USB -v?

Thanks!

Are you sure you installed the bootloader? I mean you should've used the No DSDT option in MultiBeast.

Solved! During boot I didn't name the SSD "Mountain Lion" as per the guide. Everything seems to work great now!

Thanks for your help!

BTW does anyone forsee an issue with the new 1TB VelociRaptor drive? I only ask as it is one of the new advanced format drives. Also is there anything I have to do besides power off the computer & add the drive?

So I think there is some sort of compatibility issue with the Plextor M5S. In the last build I had replaced it with the oft recommended Sandisk Extreme drive and changed the name of the install drive to Mountain Lion as per the guide. Now I'm building a second machine with the same specs but again using the Plextor Drive, and I get boot:error. If I boot from USB I can select the Mountain Lion drive just fine. This leads me to believe that there is some issue with the Chimera Boot Loader and this drive. Any ideas?

:banghead:

Hi, I am using the GA-B75M-D3H with an i5-3470 and the only way I can get it to boot is to use safe boot (-x) option. I have tried everything. I had to install Multibeast in safe mode to get the install to work, I even had to run the Mountain Lion installer in safe mode. I have got it to boot normally twice(out of what must be 50 tries), but each time, the next time I boot it returns to not working.

If I boot normally it hangs with the Apple logo and the gear spinning for hours. If I boot wih -v, the last few lines are:

Code:
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : : ged CPUIDINFO: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet address 90:2b:34:17:0f:d0
vtd[0] fault: device 2:0:0 reason 0x6 R:0x13ba3000
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernSDPLib triggered rebuild

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back