Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a perfect running hack using 10.8.1 and after updating yesterday nothing is working quite right. I even did a clean install to put it back to 10.8.1 but my two main problems still exist. My machine would boot in 10 seconds before now takes 70 seconds - I can live with that but the USB will lock the machine up anytime I plug a USB pen drive or some storage device into them. All other usb device, keyboard, bluetooth, etc. work ok. I was starting to think it was my motherboard but if I boot into safe-mode then the usb flash drives work! As far as slow booting it seems to be hanging on AppleACPIPlatformExpert which eventually times out. I tried rolling the AppleACPIPlatform.kext back but no go there. I've been doing hachintoshes for the last 3-4 years and I've not had anything stump me like this build. Esp. since so many have the same hardware and seem to have no problems. I have a Ga-b75m-d3p, i5-3570 Intel 4000 and a tplink wireless 8g of memory and lastly a Samsung SSD.

I had a perfect running hack using 10.8.1 and after updating yesterday nothing is working quite right. I even did a clean install to put it back to 10.8.1 but my two main problems still exist. My machine would boot in 10 seconds before now takes 70 seconds - I can live with that but the USB will lock the machine up anytime I plug a USB pen drive or some storage device into them. All other usb device, keyboard, bluetooth, etc. work ok. I was starting to think it was my motherboard but if I boot into safe-mode then the usb flash drives work! As far as slow booting it seems to be hanging on AppleACPIPlatformExpert which eventually times out. I tried rolling the AppleACPIPlatform.kext back but no go there. I've been doing hachintoshes for the last 3-4 years and I've not had anything stump me like this build. Esp. since so many have the same hardware and seem to have no problems. I have a Ga-b75m-d3p, i5-3570 Intel 4000 and a tplink wireless 8g of memory and lastly a Samsung SSD.

Upgrade to F11 and reset BIOS settings, only do AHCI, see what happens.

Unfortunately, my MB is a GA-B75M-D3P and its firmware is currently at F5, at least on Gigabyte's firmware updates. I am now running 10.8.1 again and it is working with slow boot and no USB flash drive working but I can work around it by rebooting in safe-mode and use the USB drives to copy and/or move files. I am starting to think there is something wrong with this particular MB since it worked ok for the first couple of weeks. I might try reflashing the firmware again - maybe it got corrupt somehow.

Unfortunately, my MB is a GA-B75M-D3P and its firmware is currently at F5, at least on Gigabyte's firmware updates. I am now running 10.8.1 again and it is working with slow boot and no USB flash drive working but I can work around it by rebooting in safe-mode and use the USB drives to copy and/or move files. I am starting to think there is something wrong with this particular MB since it worked ok for the first couple of weeks. I might try reflashing the firmware again - maybe it got corrupt somehow.

As a minimum, reload defaults. Before upgrading to F11 (D3H MB) from F4 my OS loading time was long, up to a minute sometimes (even with SSD), after BIOS upgrade - a few seconds.

Strange... I have the same board as you and it pretty much works without any fuss at all (also f5 version). 10.8 installed without a problem. 10.8.1 too. 10.8.2 needs the AppleACPIPlatform.kext replaced (I used the 10.8.0 version) and IOUSBFamily.kext (also 10.8.0) as the IOUSBFamily kext with 10.8.2 logs errors with USB3.0 not having enough milli-amps available. Those kexts and AppleHDA are all I have had to replace.

Only difference in our hardware is - I have an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & an Asus HD6850. I use TrimEnabler as it boosts my bootup speed from 8s to 3s (1 and a half rotations of the timer circle). Other than that, you should be fine. If booting up takes you more than 15-20s, you need to boot in Verbose mode to check what is stalling the boot process.

I have trim enabled so that is not causing my delay, I think it is AppleACPIPlatform as seen in the system.log. All the other boot times look good, then see the gap from 14:50:56 until 14:51:35 - all most forty seconds doing what? I wish I could rollback to the 10.8.0 IOUSBfamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts but my installer is 10.8.1 so I have no access to try those. I am close to throwning in the towel and buying a different MB. Strangely, when I install 10.8.1 and used Moarfish's guides it worked perfectly until the 10.8.2 update. I have also reset the cmos and tried every other setting in the bios, all to no eval.
Thanks to all for any insight to this problem.
---system.log---
Sep 22 14:50:56 localhost awacsd[64]: Exiting
Sep 22 14:51:05 localhost configd[16]: network changed: v4(en1:192.168.1.108, en0+:169.254.132.196) DNS* Proxy SMB
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: Busy services :
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: MacPro3,1 [1, 60957 ms]
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert [1, 59838 ms]
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0 [1, 59831 ms]
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI [1, 59827 ms]
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GFX0@2 [2, 58585 ms]
Sep 22 14:51:35 localhost configd[16]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GFX0@2/AppleIntelCapriController [!matched, 1, 28575 ms]

Hello world

What about the mute option for this mono ? there is a solution ??

I also have the B75M-D3H with i3-3225, F11 BIOS and everything works fine. I've updated to 10.8.2 using the combo update and had to reinstall audio driver. Sleep/wake works well. USB 3.0 is also working.

B75M-D3H with i3-3225
That's my current plan. (if nothing change again..)
Good if all is working fine.
Also no problem during installation of OS X?
Did you have to flash the Bios? Difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back