Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I figured thats the problem. Should I invest with a monitor that has DVI or one with HDMI?

Thanks for the help.

I think it is not hard to find a monitor with both HDMI and DVI connectors. Some budget brand like AOC monitors usually have very good connectivity. I have use AOC monitor which got both DVI, HDMI and displayport. It got a USB hubs as well, the price is cheap too.

You can also consider to buy a cheap ASUS EN210 display card. It have VGA works very well with Mountain Lion.

Thanks!! I just went out and bought a new monitor and it's working fine!!

I am having an issue with sleep/wake. Doesnt come back after sleep and it loses its BIOS.

Any suggestions?

Byron_MAC,
Most better, new monitors come with DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. The latter display protocol will become the dominate monitor display connector in the future do to increasing resolutions of larger displays which is why Apple uses DisplayPort and ThunderBolt. (DisplayPort is a subset of ThunderBolt.)

As for your wake-up problem, sounds like the CMOS reset upon wake up. MB has an option for it:
Drivers & Bootloaders > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset​

See page 7 of the MultiBeast Features document which came with the MultiBeast zip.

Thanks a lot! That fixed my problem..
I now have a fully functional hackintosh thanks to you guys!

Now to learn how to get windows 7 on this thing....

Great post, thanks Moarfish!

I have new parts coming for a HTPC build, including this motherboard.

You said that HD4000 is not compatible with Lion. Does this mean that I will not even be able to install Lion, then upgrade to mountain lion without a video card? Or is it the type of thing where until it's supported, you get limited resolution options (which would suffice for installation purposes)?

schmoppa,

Do you have another working Mac OS build or real Mac Machines? You can prepare your Unibeast USB drive from other running Mac OS build so that you don't have to install Lion in your HTPC.

EDIT: I saw you got a Core i7 with 6870 graphics in your user info. Prepare your Unibeast Mountain Lion USB drive from it. You can skip Lion in your new B75M build.

Hi again Moarfish.

Finally bought the Silverstone FT03 case and now i want to buy the motherboard but i have a problem.
On pcsilencioso web (a website about silent pc's) they told me that cpu and system fan connectors only supports PWM regulation on B75M-D3H. Not possible Voltage regulation on fans. The manual seems to say the same.

Could you answer me a question please ?

I saw on the web that pwm fans are noisier than voltage fans. It's true ? And you are using pwm fans right ?
Mi goal is to watch movies at night and need a silentpc if it's possible.

Thanks for the info and sorry about the little offtopic. :)

schmoppa,

Do you have another working Mac OS build or real Mac Machines? You can prepare your Unibeast USB drive from other running Mac OS build so that you don't have to install Lion in your HTPC.

EDIT: I saw you got a Core i7 with 6870 graphics in your user info. Prepare your Unibeast Mountain Lion USB drive from it. You can skip Lion in your new B75M build.

Good point, you're right. I actually have Unibeast set up for Lion. I'll have to figure out how to update to ML.

So.. I've been running the system for a while and here are some oddities I've noticed.

First, this is purely cosmetic, but in the log-in screen, I see a flickering box on the top left. I heard that sometimes you see graphic glitches with integrated graphics - not sure if this is it. So far I only noticed it with the login screen so it's not a big issue.

Next is more severe. On cold-boot, I seem to get hangs. Occasionally it would be a kernel panic, but more often than not, it just simply hangs and it will not respond to anything, so I have to do a manual reset.

I wonder if something I put in the system is bad...

So far, I've tried testing RAM by using the command line memtest in single user mode, but couldn't find anything. So, if I don't find anything else, I will try taking out the wireless and firewire PCI/PCIe cards to see if that makes any difference. argh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back