Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have people gone with 10.11(.1) and Multibeast 8 with this setup/build?

For me currently everything seems to be working fine with 2 exceptions (I haven't tested USB fully yet however):
1) Onboard audio is hit and miss after sleep but always works fine through display speakers (seems to be a known problem after 10.8 which I am moving from with fresh 10.11.1 install. Haven't tested with VoodooHDA as l but last time I used it it was very laggy and I quickly switched back).
2) I get the "no entry" symbol roughly half the time when booting, normally a reboot or two will fix it and boot normally. (initially with with iMac13,2 I was never able to boot). This one is annoying me a bit, anyone know any other tips on fixing it?

I have tested/checked off most of these: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-capitan-install-problems.html#ProhibitedSign

When booting verbose it talks about "OsxAptioDrvFix". I am running clover 3320 which when installed with multibeast seems to have fix2 built in (I have only tested whatever came with Multibeast). I am running MacPro3,1. I don't have a Sandy Bridge CPU. I don't get garbled text. I don't have a USB hub but haven't fully played with the ports my backup USB HD is plugged into.

Overall I can live with the problems as I normally sleep the system and can just use the display audio. But would love to fix the random occasional boot issue (on a bad day it can take 5+ reboots).

Multibeast options::
- Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
- Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
- Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111
- Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
- Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

System::
- CPU: Core i5-3570K
- MB: GA-B75M-D3H
- Graphics: 2 * 19" DVI + 1 * 27" Apple Cinema mDP to DP on GeForce GTX 670 + 2 * 20" DVI on HD4000
- HD: SSD * 2 + HD
- RAM: 16GB 1333 MHz (2 * 8G)
- Backup: USB HDD

UPDATE: it looks like a change from OsxAptioDrvFix 2 back to OsxAptioDrvFix did the trick. Zero "no entry" signs since the change.

I'm happily on 10.11.2
For now this built is plenty fast for my need so I'm keeping it for as many years as I can, but do try to keep it updated on the apple ecosystem.
running with a 3570k, 16GB ram and Nvidia 750ti and Fusion drive (128 SSD+750GB HDD)

1/ onboard audio after sleep is an issue for me too. Being my work machine (editing photos is faster with this than on macbook air). I often use it without needing audio. but if i do i simply reboot.

2/ I used to get the "no entry" symbol as well once and a while though I don't anymore, but could be just a temporary thing (I did tweak a few things my guess is go to RT Variable in Clover , then add 0x28 in Booter config (I already had that), and 0x3 in CsrActiveConfig (this is what may have fixed it)).

3/ didn't get 5Gb/s USB 3 Speed, but got it to partially work after a DSDT tweak, (no DSDT result in the same partially working Speed). Most of my USB 3 device work at 5Gb/s, but a Western Digital 5TB my book (as a Time Machine ) does not work at full speed from boot, I have to physically eject it then replug it to get 5Gb/s speed, a Seagate Backup+ Drive sometime gets full speed from boot but not always, same plug/replug fixes it. I'm going to look more into it but at least i have a workaround.

Front usb 3 speed works with a small iomega drive, and with a usb card reader

4/Handoff does not work (haven't looked much into it, but would be nice once and a while)
airdrop works well (I installed an apple compatible wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac & blutooth PCI card, because my computer is now too far from the router)

Clover only setup:
kext in EFI:
-FakeSMC
-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
-realtekALC (for audio toleda patch)
-RealtekRTL8111

custom DSDT (pjalm patch and then more tweak to get USB 3 Speed)
SSDT forgot how, I just kept the same file i made for yosemite, haven't actually investigated if it works correctly.

boot flag:
nvda_drv=1 (for my nvidia card)

Clover Driver:
EmuVariableUefi
OsxAptioFix2Drv

smbios Mac Pro 5.1
(along with appropriate clover kext patch to avoid kernel panic)
SmUUID, serial number to get iMessage/facetime to work

i have this same board and processor using the hd4000 graphics I'm posting this on el cap as we speak...but i don't know what to install in multibeast for everything to work right thats where i get lost.....im running it legacy cuz when i did it the other way my usb just would not boot witch is odd cuz on my other hd windows is installed the other way its been crazy to get this thing going but now finally on on el cap....so can someone please give me what to check in multibeast to get this thing booting without a usb in and all that and get my sound to work and stuff that would be great...thanks and this forum is so helpful you have no idea lol...its just a basic setup with hd4000 :) no other stuff

Hi daveshackintosh - for mine I installed as per the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html with the following config/notable items:

Specific things I had to change from my 10.8 install:
1) VT-d disable in BIOS (I had it enables in 10.8 and it worked fine)
2) Changed to UEFI boot drive in the bios (for initial testing I just used F12 on the boot screen to choose what boot drive I wanted - sometimes a bunch of trial and error). The same drive may be listed multiple times for both legacy and UEFI. In my case after pressing F12 I think it was down the list (around 5th option?) with a title something like "UEFI: [DriveName/Maker]". Try and few and post some screen shots of the error.

My Multibeast options (kept as minimal as I can):
- Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
- Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
- Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111
- Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
- Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

And the last thing that got rid of the "no entry" sign:
- Downloaded Clover Configurator Vibrant
- Mounted EFI partition
- Went to "Install Drivers" tab
- Uninstalled OsxAptioFix2Drv and installed OsxAptioFixDrv

During all of this I removed ALL hard drives and USB devices that were not required. Hope that helps, if not feel free to post a screen shot.

With these setting the Audio (onboard) doesn't work after wake from sleep, so I use cinema display audio or reboot. However the network driver upgrade means that after waking from sleep the network comes back much faster than it did with my 10.8 install.

PS: I should also mention that I did an update from 10.11.1 (installed version) to 10.11.2 just using the mac app store (like on the other real macs) and it just worked.

PPS: I also used the built in Apple trim enabler tool (from terminal run: "sudo trimforce enable" and then press y and y and be ready for a reboot)

Using thewer's recommended settings, I was able to get my board up to 10.11.3/Clover relatively easily.

However, instead of choosing MacPro 3,1 (the default) in the system definitions, I used everymac.com to look up the system with the same CPU as mine (ivy bridge core i3 3225) which happened to be the iMac 13,1. I'm guessing Unibeast may use the system definition to choose a DSDT. So I set the definition to iMac 13,1 and as a result I'm not having the Audio/Wake issues.

Thanks scram69 - I may have to try using iMac 13,1 again (i5 3570k CPU). Last time I couldn't even get it to boot past the "no entry" sign with that. But now I know more about what was causing that on my system (Uninstalled OsxAptioFix2Drv and installed OsxAptioFixDrv) it may work.
I think I am still on 10.11.2 (haven't managed to take a backup yet and am not planning on living dangerously :))

First things first I am a noob
still waiting on a few parts to finish the build of my machine.

I'm unable to locate the dsdt file for the mother board.
is it buried on the site somewhere or will i have to make it?

also i plan on installing el capitian and windows 10 making it a dual boot system. any advice?

Hi pcw3d,

I would probably recommend a newer system these days that Moarfish build. It was a great system, but there are better and faster components available now. Have a look aver on the Buyer's Guide page (currently: http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-march-2016.html) for compatible hardware.

Also, for the DSDT side of things, I would probably recommend working through Installation Guide (currently: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html). It provides step by step instructions. If you do need DSDT files, there is a DSDT database on the site under downloads (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php). Any more details info could probably be best found by searching this forum. It has been a long time since I needed to touch a DSDT...

Does somewhere here Geekbench 3.0+ results exist? Want to compare you and mine build, but I use geekbench final version and there is absolutely another view of test results

First things first I am a noob
still waiting on a few parts to finish the build of my machine.

I'm unable to locate the dsdt file for the mother board.
is it buried on the site somewhere or will i have to make it?

also i plan on installing el capitian and windows 10 making it a dual boot system. any advice?

There is a DSDT section under 'Downloads', but your board does not require an additional DSDT to get up and running.

For booting Windows and OS X - I would recommend keeping each OS on its own HDD/SSD. You will find more information over at the Multibooting section:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back