Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just recommended, it goes way higher than this, reports of people using 2400 RAM with this board, also the box states 2133(OC) as an option. I have read a couple of places that you need to manually insert your timings (written on all the RAM sticks) into BIOS, and it will then allow 1600 as a selectable speed?

Anyone else know about this?

On another overclocking site, on a B75M-D3H thread, someone mentioned selecting XMP profiles, but my BIOS simply does not have one. ?!?!?!

That is just recommended, it goes way higher than this, reports of people using 2400 RAM with this board, also the box states 2133(OC) as an option. I have read a couple of places that you need to manually insert your timings (written on all the RAM sticks) into BIOS, and it will then allow 1600 as a selectable speed?

Anyone else know about this?

On another overclocking site, on a B75M-D3H thread, someone mentioned selecting XMP profiles, but my BIOS simply does not have one. ?!?!?!

Sounds like the RAM that you have may not be XMP compatible. I have come across people saying that even Windows shows ~796MHz RAM speeds even on some Z97 boards when using 1600MHz or higher RAM. If the RAM is not recognised as XMP then there will be no options in the UEFI to change.

Also, there are no real overclocking options available, even tho I have 2600k, and have run it at 4.5GHz on my MSI board.

?!?! Is it because this is a business advantage board?

The less expensive boards tend to have a lot less options available for any over or under clocking of CPU or RAM speeds. Basic Z68 or Z77 (socket 1155) boards will give more options, with the premium priced models generally having most over clocking options.

B75 boards are used in office environments for basic productivity applications. The added expense of over-clocking facilities is not required and can be removed for a lower overall build cost.

Also, there are no real overclocking options available, even tho I have 2600k, and have run it at 4.5GHz on my MSI board.

?!?! Is it because this is a business advantage board?
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

DAMN, I was RIGHT!

"The Gigabyte B75M-D3H does not offer any overclocking ability worth mentioning. With no voltage options other than vDIMM, and no ability to adjust Turbo multipliers, overclocking is just simply impossible, but since this is a product focused at small and medium businesses, this is perfectly acceptable, and expected, since such platforms typically focus on stability and reliability."

I should have done my research... I have permanently lost ~800 off my GeekBench score. It must have been via Turbo Mode 2.0, I knew three cores went higher than 35x multiplier :(

I'm happy to stick with this, it is actually quieter than before (much) and things that didn't work before (Sleep/CSM Clover boot resolutions/mouse) now work. I'll try some overclocking tools from within Windows, and see if anything happens?

Currently using MacPro5,1 SMBIOS, and it is the snappiest this computer has ever run...

Hi Moarfish et al...

I just got this wonderful board, running it with 2600k Sandy Bridge (at stock speeds). I am having real issues with speedstep at the moment, but worst of all, is my newly purchased GEIL RAM, 1600MHz and my old A-DATA A-RAM are both showing as only 1333MHz. Cannot change them above that manually, and I cannot for the life of me find XMP profiles in the BIOS (F15). Please help me!

Hi

You have to use Ivy Bridge-series processor if you want to use 1600MHz RAM sticks with this motherboard at their normal speed.
With Sandy Bridge-series processor memory sticks faster than 1333MHz works and shows up only 1333MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back