Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kendra

Many Many Thanks :thumbup:

I've been trying to understand & install the HDMI audio fix(es) as described in other threads and got completely lost/confused. :banghead:

I followed your clear & concise instructions and now I have both internal audio, and HDMI audio.

cheers

furbies

GA-B75M-D3H & i3-3225 (3.3Ghz)

Hey Moarfish,

As a technically literate OSX newbie:
It was a huge pain to get this build to get HDMI Audio working, but I finally got it going.

PLEASE: Update the recommended install guide. When I did install in the manner you suggested, it seems to interfere with the process toleda recommends.

My system:
Intel i5 3570K
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1
No dedicated graphics card

Here's how I did it:

1) Install OSX
1a) I didn't use MultiBeast whatsoever. When I did, it broke this guide, I believe on account of the No-DSDT Audio patches
2) Connecting storage devices to USB didn't work for a while after install. Eventually (after maybe 7 minutes) they started working
3) Install wifi or ethernet driver now if needed
4) Update to OSX 10.8.2 via the Combo Updater found on Apple's site
5) You'll need to install Java for DSDT Editor to work; It'll be an option to install when you start DSDT Editor if you have an active internet connection
6) Get a copy of the correct HDMI Audio patch for your CPU and Motherboard (Thank you toleda!)
6a) If you have the same motherboard and cpu as me, then HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip
6b) Otherwise, find the correct patch kit here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html
7) Extract the hdmi audio patch kit to wherever you feel like
8) Run DSDT Editor, go to File >> Extract DSDT. You should see a bunch of code load into the text frame.
9) In DSDT Editor, go to Patch >> Open. Open up the file ami_clean_compile.txt inside the location where you put your hdmi patch kit, hit Apply, then hit Close.
10) Do the same thing as Step 9, but instead using hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt, located in that same patch kit
10.5) Press Command + F to do a text search for precisely "layout". Case matters. There should be just one result, with i think this below it: "0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00"
10.75) Change that series of 4 bytes to "0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00"
11) In DSDT Editor, hit IASL >> Compile
12) In DSDT Editor, hit IASL >> Save AML as ..., and save a file called DSDT.aml to the folder /Extra
13) Restart the computer and HDMI Audio should be working. No audio volume controls except the ones on the TV itself, but it finally WORKS!

Hi guys I'm planning to make a hackintosh this weekend and its quite simillar to moarfish's build so I'm wondering whether I can just use the same settings as he did.

Specs:
Intel core i5 3470 3.2GHz
Gigabyte B75-HD3 (I'm using this board and no the other B75 boards reccomended simply because my country doesn't bring them in and this is the only B75, its not very different from the D3H other than some usb and PCIe differences)
8GB RAM
Crucial 128GB SSD
Seagate barracuda 1TB
Nvidia 770

Any opinion and tips that will make the whole process smoother is greatly apprec iated! Thanks

Hi guys I'm planning to make a hackintosh this weekend and its quite simillar to moarfish's build so I'm wondering whether I can just use the same settings as he did.

Specs:
Gigabyte B75-HD3 (I'm using this board and no the other B75 boards reccomended simply because my country doesn't bring them in and this is the only B75, its not very different from the D3H other than some usb and PCIe differences)
8GB RAM
Crucial 128GB SSD
Seagate barracuda 1TB
Nvidia 770

Any opinion and tips that will make the whole process smoother is greatly apprec iated! Thanks

If the board you are using is this one B75M-HD3 then you should have no problems. Here is a similar motherboard/CPU combination done with a GT640 GPU:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...e-i5-3470-ga-b75m-d3p-8gb-ram-evga-gt640.html

The B75M family of boards can all be set up using Moarfish's build as a template.

Adrian B

Hi thanks for the help! Also, is there any difference between dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 8 or is the process the same?

Hi thanks for the help! Also, is there any difference between dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 8 or is the process the same?

I don't believe that there is any difference, but if you do a search to make sure then that would cover you. There should be a guide on the site for doing just that.

Adrian B

Ah yes, looks like theres no difference. Do you think it will be better to install windows then OSX or OSX then windows? I will be using the SSD for my OSX and my 1TB HDD for windows.

Ah yes, looks like theres no difference. Do you think it will be better to install windows then OSX or OSX then windows? I will be using the SSD for my OSX and my 1TB HDD for windows.

If they are on different drives then it should not matter. I think that there is something about connecting windows to a certain Sata connector on the motherboard, or not having OSX connected at the same time as windows install. To be honest I am really a bit vague about it all - I am only using OSX on my build, so I am not really able to give you good guidance on this subject.

Someone here must have done a dual boot system, have a look to see if you can find what you need : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/73712-many-success-builds-ga-b75m-board.html

Adrian B

Alright I will check it out. Thanks again for all your help! haha hopefully it goes well, if it does I'll update it here for sure.

Hi Moarfish, I have almost the same Build but can only boot in Safe Mode, can you help me?

Mobo: B75M-D3H
CPU: i5 3570k
RAM: 1x8gb Adata 1333mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500gb
Optical Drive: LG DVD
Wifi Card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

I already double and triple checked all the steps and this is what i get in verbose mode

Thanks

Attachments

• hackintosh.JPG
    hackintosh.JPG
    665.7 KB · Views: 282
Specs:
8GB RAM
Crucial 128GB SSD
Seagate barracuda 1TB
Nvidia 770

Not sure Nvidia 770 works or not. Better go for Nvidia GTX 670 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back