Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellou, there :D

Im still a n00b at this but i followed this great build to the letter and managed to get the system workin without any major problems.
But that being said i do have a problem :'(

Keyboard is outputing wrong symbols, i need to unplug it and then plug it back in and then it works great :D (Genious Luxmate i200)

anybody have a clue what could i do to remedy this prob ?

ML 10.8.3
GA-b75m-d3h
i5 3570k
SSD 64gb OCZ Agility

EDIT : Figured it out, i turned of NumLock in BIOS and everything works fine ;) :D

Hi Moarfish,

I have the same MoBo (Bios Revision 5) as you and successfully installed 10.8.0. What about your settings in Bios, do you really only made a change to AHCI (Intel and Marvell) and nothing else? What about Intels Virtualization etc. etc.

10.8.0 is booting fine, only thing i am missig is sound (I have already chosen the Realtec Driver in your first post).

I then tried to upgrade to 10.8.3 with the Combo Update, installation went fine, I installed the sound driver with Multibeast 5.2.1 and repaired permissions, then rebooted. 10.8.3 didn't start, it stops at the apple with an endless spinning wheel.

I have a second HDD Partition cloned with SuperDuper and 10.8.0. I can start this partition without any problems. What can I do, to "repair" the 10.8.3 partition and get it running?

Yes. I just set it to AHCI if you are using the same CPU 3570K as mine.
I've found that some people with other CPU may need to turn of VT etc in order to work.

Boot with -v and see where does it stop loading.

Hello I'm having some problems.

My build is:

Apple OS X 10.8.3
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H - F14
Intel Core i5 3570K
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Western Digital 600gb Veliciraptor
Antec High Current 430-Watt 80 Plus

I had this build working fine with f11 bios, but the HDD started having SMART errors. So I replaced the HDD, updated the BIOS, made a new install disk with UniBeast & 10.8.3. I can install just fine, and boot to Macintosh HD but it get's stuck here with the grey Apple screen. Could this be happening because my monitor is connected via DVI @ 2560 x 1440? Is there any way get around this aside from another monitor?

Edit:
Booted into safe mode (-x) and was able to install MultiBeast, and now looks good to go. Moarfish, if you could go through BIOS settings for newer bios' that would be very helpful!

Hellou,

I ran into an additional problem, after some time the system freezes. Mouse doesnt work, keyboard
unpluging them doesnt do anything only thing i can do is restart...

any ideas how to fix this ?

Thx :D

ML 10.8.3
GA-b75m-d3h
i5 3570k
SSD 64gb OCZ Agility

Yes. I just set it to AHCI if you are using the same CPU 3570K as mine.
I've found that some people with other CPU may need to turn of VT etc in order to work.

Boot with -v and see where does it stop loading.

Hi moarfish,

thanks a lot!!!

I finally made it with a completely new install...

Following exactly these steps, without installing drivers in 10.8.0

Mountain Lion Install Process:
1. BIOS Set everything back to factory default, then set SATA to Run AHCI
2. BIOS Set Extreme Memory Profile to Profile 1 to let the ram run at 1600MHz. (I recommend using ADATA Ram, it will set to 1600MHz automatically under the default auto settings)
3. BIOS, make sure the internal Graphic memory is set to 64M
4. Run Unibeast 1.7 on my App Store Mountain Lion 10.8
5. Install Mountain Lion from the USB
6. Boot the new Mountain Lion Volume from the USB
7. Download the 10.8.3 Combo Updater from Apple Web Site, Install it. Don't Reboot yet.
8. Run Multibeast 5.2.1. the layout is below.
9. Reboot, remove USB, boot from Harddisk
10. Update Chimera to 2.0.1 (To fix iMessage)
11. Done. If it got some trouble, look for the FAQ and Troubleshooting below.

In Bios I let the ram at 1333MHz, later on I'll try with extreme memory profile. Additionally I turned off VTi as you told me, perhaps it has something to do with my i7 3770...

Repaired permissions from my second partition with 10.8.0, booted and finally OSX loaded. Then I had a shock because my display was distorted... unplugged HDMI and plugged it back, and the screen was fine. I'll see if this will happen often.

Do you probably know whats the reason?

Thanks in advance
halfdan

Edit:
changing smbios to MacMini 6.2 (Server/IvyBridge) did the trick. Now my Videosignal over HDMI is stable.

Moarfish

Firstly, thanks for posting your build using a GA-B75M-D3H m'board.

I've managed to build a GA-B75M-D3H & i3-3225 3.3Ghz & Mac OS 10.8 but I've run into a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with. :banghead:

When I ran MultiBeast I chose the No DSDT route, chose the RealtekRTL81xx.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext and the HWMonitor app/extensions/plugins (I don't think I've forgotten anything…..)

1) My ethernet port glows orange, but works. According to the System Profiler, the port is connecting at gigabit speed but the orange glow concerns me.

2) Which version of the BIOS firmware are you running ?
I'm on F12 at the moment, but I see on the Gigabyte site there's a version F14 now available.
The reason I ask, is because I want to run EyeTV on the Hackintosh, and I need the machine to wake from sleep so it can record TV for me, and at the moment, it doesn't…
And I wonder if a BIOS update might fix this ?
(Unless you've got a suggestion about what I can investigate to resolve the problem ?)
(The Hackintosh wakes from sleep just fine if I press a key on the k'board)

regards

Pete...

Hellou,

I ran into an additional problem, after some time the system freezes. Mouse doesnt work, keyboard
unpluging them doesnt do anything only thing i can do is restart...

any ideas how to fix this ?

Thx :D

ML 10.8.3
GA-b75m-d3h
i5 3570k
SSD 64gb OCZ Agility

Check your hardware first. Run Memory test to make sure your RAM are fine. RAM issue can cause kernal panic.

Sound Driver sometimes cause Mouse freezing. Make sure you follow exactly my guide during the installation process.

Moarfish

Firstly, thanks for posting your build using a GA-B75M-D3H m'board.

I've managed to build a GA-B75M-D3H & i3-3225 3.3Ghz & Mac OS 10.8 but I've run into a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with. :banghead:

When I ran MultiBeast I chose the No DSDT route, chose the RealtekRTL81xx.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext and the HWMonitor app/extensions/plugins (I don't think I've forgotten anything…..)

1) My ethernet port glows orange, but works. According to the System Profiler, the port is connecting at gigabit speed but the orange glow concerns me.

2) Which version of the BIOS firmware are you running ?
I'm on F12 at the moment, but I see on the Gigabyte site there's a version F14 now available.
The reason I ask, is because I want to run EyeTV on the Hackintosh, and I need the machine to wake from sleep so it can record TV for me, and at the moment, it doesn't…
And I wonder if a BIOS update might fix this ?
(Unless you've got a suggestion about what I can investigate to resolve the problem ?)
(The Hackintosh wakes from sleep just fine if I press a key on the k'board)

regards

Pete...

1) It got no problem as long as it work.

2) I am using F12. BIOS update should have no problem on your installation as you are not using a DSDT.

so everything went great, installed perfectly but my problem is that i can only start my hackintosh when GraphicsEnabler=No... have a 6670 with an i3 3210...
motherboard ga-b75m-d3h...any solutions?

Hi Moarfish,
and thanks for sharing your build.

I tried to follow your guide but I can't manage to intall properly osx ML 10.8.3 with Unibeast / multibeast.

There is my config:
i7 3770 ivy bridge
GA-B75M-D3H [Bios F11]
32Gb ram
geforce gtx660

I tried several ways to intall ML and the only solution for me was to switch the primary graphic card to the motherboad (and ignore the gtx660) in the bios and then install with the -x option.
When i first reboot i use -x again and can access the ML config and then desktop.
I then run multibeast with your settings.
Unfortunatly when i reboot the second time, i can't access the desktop again, and with the -x option the display is all screwed up.
Obviously the problem come from the HD4000 internal graphic card from the motherboard.
Do anyone know the trick to make it work with ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back