Palit GeForce GX560Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've successfully installed ML on an Intel DQ77MK and i5-3550 and run Multibeast 5.0.2. I get a few graphics glitches when scrolling or opening a new tab in Safari, or when displaying the notifications centre. From what I can tell, this is due to Chimera not loading my SMBIOS properly and so graphics are not being loaded as expected. Additionally, my board doesn't have a DSDT or patch for the built-in one available.

When booting in verbose mode, I get the error "Unable to find SMBIOS" even when specifying it at boot. The system stalls here for around 4-5 minutes before booting with what I assume are defaults. It then stalls permanently at "root device not found", repeating this message until it eventually reboots. When I boot it with safe mode (no caching, -x flag), I get the same SMBIOS error but it successfully finds the installation and boots up. In safe mode it seems mostly ok other than the aforementioned video glitching; resolution and whatnot are fine. When it enters sleep mode, it appears to crash and reboots fully.

I'm at an absolute loss as to why it isn't loading my SMBIOS but I've gone through all the usual kernel caching and graphics enabler and npci and pretty much every other option to no avail to fix the graphics glitches. As for the SMBIOS, I have no idea why it isn't loading it even when I pass it the full path.

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in.

greetings ..

sorry i can't help with your SMBIOS issue .. but i was wondering if the sleep and wake functions are working properly on this board with ML ? ..

I know it's been a while but, I just happen to have the exact same problem and I was wondering if you managed to fix it.

Your problem is with PC EFI, PC EFI uses a PnP call to get the offset to the DMI table (containing the SMBIOS information) in the BIOS. On older boards this PnP call to get the correct offset is not support. Normally if this is the case it would initiate a search from a particular offset in the BIOS (that I forgot right now..) looking for the DMI marker and get the correct offset that way, this is not supported by PC-EFI right now.
In short there is not much that you can do except upgrade to the latest BIOS and hope it supports the PnP call needed.
If the BIOS upgrade doesn't work, upgrading to another board might not be a bad idea.

Good Luck!

same problem but, with bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back