GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

Ive been running my OSX build for about 2 years now. I struggled initially so much with it, that I ignored some of the minor problems. Now its been long enough that I dont mind digging back into it and trying to get a fix.

I am running:

GA-Z87X-OC
Intel i5 4690k
EVGA GTX 760
Corsair cx750m psu
2x4gb Crucial Sport DDR3
250 Samsung SSD
OSX Mavericks

My only real issues are graphics related. Every 20-40 minutes, the display flickers black. It lasts about a full second, and i can still technically interact with my computer while it is black (IE if I keep typing, it catches everything I type). Also, imbeded video frequently is white noise. Like, when im scrolling through facebook, one video plays perfectly, the next is just jarbled noise.

Do either of these seem like common problems? Ive installed the cuda drivers, and I know the card is functioning well (my wife uses the computer for Adobe illustrator with zero issues). They are by no means deal breakers, but if I could get them remedied I would be happy.

Also, If I update to a newer version or OSX, could that make any difference? Or should I expect that to create more issues?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back