Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

Not really. Not unless you have been making changes to the macOS system you haven’t told us about.

As you have a working EFI it shouldn’t be too difficult to clean install macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, if that is what you want to do.
No, nothing changed, just do what you tell me and test your EFI that you sent me. I'm glad you're helping me at all.

Switching to 14.4 was just a suggestion from me.

You just have to say what I have to do so that this annoying WIFI card finally starts.

I'll be honest, I have an AX210 card working in one of my Hacks with no issues, so I don't understand why the WiFi settings in the EFI I provided don't work.

Does the WiFi device show in the System Preferences > Network pane, as shown in the example below.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.56.40.png Example with connected Intel AX200 WiFi device

Obviously as yours is not connected, the WiFi device, if shown, would be down at the bottom of the pane among the 'Other Services'.

The Device not being shown at all might be the cause of your issues.

that being the case I would suggest you select the dropdown button with the 3 x ..., and see if you can 'add' the WiFi service to your system. Selecting the '...' button will display a menu, as shown below.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.00.42.png Select the 'Add Service...'option.

This will display another popup Window, as shown below.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.03.21.png Select 'Interface' dropdown menu.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.01.01.png From the dropdown menu select 'Wi-Fi' to add the service.

The WiFi service/Interface should also be shown in Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab, as shown below.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.17.59.png Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab, Network Devices highlighted

I'll be honest, I have an AX210 card working in one of my Hacks with no issues, so I don't understand why the WiFi settings in the EFI I provided don't work.

Does the WiFi device show in the System Preferences > Network pane, as shown in the example below.

View attachment 581492 Example with connected Intel AX200 WiFi device

Obviously as yours is not connected, the WiFi device, if shown, would be down at the bottom of the pane among the 'Other Services'.

The Device not being shown at all might be the cause of your issues.

that being the case I would suggest you select the dropdown button with the 3 x ..., and see if you can 'add' the WiFi service to your system. Selecting the '...' button will display a menu, as shown below.

View attachment 581493 Select the 'Add Service...'option.

This will display another popup Window, as shown below.

View attachment 581495 Select 'Interface' dropdown menu.

View attachment 581494 From the dropdown menu select 'Wi-Fi' to add the service.

The WiFi service/Interface should also be shown in Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab, as shown below.

View attachment 581497 Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab, Network Devices highlighted
Attached is the complete installation process with your EFI as a VIDEO

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2024-04-18 at 17.04.14.mp4.zip
    38 MB · Views: 3
OK, I watched the video and you seem to have done everything correctly with the new EFI.

One thing I did notice was that you didn't add your Serial Number or SystemUUID entries to the config.plist for EFI-4. Had you done this before the video commenced, i.e. off-screen?

Have you tried following these instructions to refresh all the network devices:

Make sure you delete all the plists listed, including any that refer to a previous SMBIOS/Apple system definition you may have used.

Then try booting with the EFI-4 I provided again, and see if the WiFi Interface is added automatically or listed in the Add Services dropdown menu.

OL, as this is becoming a bit of a joke, I decided to swap out the Intel AX200 WiFi/BT card in my Gen Machine Ren7000 Mini PC, and replaced it with an Intel AX210NGW WiFi/BT card, identical to the one you are using. So I could check what was different with the two setups for the two cards.

Turns out nothing different is required for the WiFi and Bluetooth devices to work on the AX210 card in Sonoma 14.4.1.

When I booted in to Sonoma 14.4.1 with the AX210 card installed, macOS searched for and found my Apple keyboard and mouse (both Bluetooth), which I totally expected to happen.

What surprised me was when the system found and activated the WiFi on the AX210 card, with no additional input on my part.

So from this I know the WiFi/BT setup in EFI-4 is correct for an Intel AX200 & AX210 NGW M.2 card. As that is the setup I am using on the Gen Machine Ren7000 with this card. See the screenshots below.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 17.34.48.png Hackintool > System Peripherals tab, with Intel AX210 card shown

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 17.34.27.pngHackintool > PCIe tab, with Intel AX210 card highlighted

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 17.37.27.png Hackintool > USB tab, with Bluetooth device set as internal.

The last screenshot shows the builtin Audio USB device also set as Internal (255).

So now we just need to work out why the WiFi card is not showing up in macOS. As the video clearly showed that the WiFi Interface/adapter is not being propagated in macOS.

The first place I would look is in the Bios, to check that the WiFi device is enabled. I don't care if you have done this before, check it again, as it is not unknown for Bios settings to change unexpectedly.

The Bios being set correctly then leaves you with the possibility that the card is not fully seated in the motherboard's M.2 connector. Again, this is something you need to check, even if you checked it before. While the antenna connections to the WiFi card not being correct is unlikely to stop the WiFi device from showing in macOS. I would ask that you ensure they are fully connected before closing up the system.

You said previously that the Intel AX210NGW WiFi worked in Windows, just not macOS. Is that still the case?

Can you still boot into Windows using OpenCore? If not use the Bios Boot Menu key to select the Windows Bootloader (instead of OpenCore) so you can check if the WiFi card is working under Windows.

I've now started troubleshooting the page.

Starting with that in the EFI of you says
“AirportItlwm-Sonoma-144.kext” cannot be found. I just have to enter Airportltlwm and it shows something.

Some things that are there and should be deleted are not there (see picture)

I don't really understand the line "And all files containing enX, (X as an integer)".

I just deleted what was there and restarted. But it didn't do anything.

After I installed the ext Enchancer I carried out points 2 and 3.

With "sudo wdutil diagnose" it tells me No WIFI

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.46.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.46.03.png
    716 KB · Views: 3
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 20.04.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 20.04.56.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Log_2024-04-18_20-37-00.log.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
So now we just need to work out why the WiFi card is not showing up in macOS. As the video clearly showed that the WiFi Interface/adapter is not being propagated in macOS.

The first place I would look is in the Bios, to check that the WiFi device is enabled. I don't care if you have done this before, check it again, as it is not unknown for Bios settings to change unexpectedly.

The Bios being set correctly then leaves you with the possibility that the card is not fully seated in the motherboard's M.2 connector. Again, this is something you need to check, even if you checked it before. While the antenna connections to the WiFi card not being correct is unlikely to stop the WiFi device from showing in macOS. I would ask that you ensure they are fully connected before closing up the system.

You said previously that the Intel AX210NGW WiFi worked in Windows, just not macOS. Is that still the case?

Can you still boot into Windows using OpenCore? If not use the Bios Boot Menu key to select the Windows Bootloader (instead of OpenCore) so you can check if the WiFi card is working under Windows.
The card runs wonderfully under Windows.

Exactly the same under Linux too.

I still have the EFI that is not for my SYSTEM, so WIFI works too. But as you say, it's wrong and I shouldn't use it.

Bios has been checked and everything is OK
WIFI card connections and slot everything checked. 2 times already!

If it's of any use, you can also take a look for yourself using Teamviewer.

I've now started troubleshooting the page.

Starting with that in the EFI of you says
“AirportItlwm-Sonoma-144.kext” cannot be found. I just have to enter Airportltlwm and it shows something.

Some things that are there and should be deleted are not there (see picture)

I don't really understand the line "And all files containing enX, (X as an integer)".

I just deleted what was there and restarted. But it didn't do anything.

After I installed the ext Enchancer I carried out points 2 and 3.

With "sudo wdutil diagnose" it tells me No WIFI
going by the files you have attached, macOS is unable to find any wifi hardware

I named the Airportitlwm.kext as Airportitlwm-Sonoma-144.kext so it was obvious which kext was being used. You won't find the kext named like that on the Intel Wireless site.

The plists with the red line through them in the screenshot below are the ones you need to delete.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 20.11.50.png

No WiFi hardware installed, is what I expected.

going by the files you have attached, macOS is unable to find any wifi hardware
I just made a video with the EFI that I shouldn't use.

At the beginning you can see the EFI from EdHwk and after the restart it is the wrong one for the SYSTEM. Note the fast boat.

Sorry it took so long on the lookscreen, I pulled out the USB stick for the keyboard and couldn't get it in quickly enough.

After logging in you can see WIFI is there and hardware is installed

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2024-04-18 at 21.41.35.mp4.zip
    40.9 MB · Views: 1
Back