Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eager to see the final result.

Do you know what you will do for the shroud?

I did my first 3D print earlier, you can see it here in the 3D Print Resources. There are some settings to get used to and try out, but I printed something, it's not pretty btw. I'm going to print phunguss .STL for his shroud and see about fitting it.

Printed @phunguss shroud, thanks for sharing!. Having spent much time reading and experimenting I finally have a near level print bed to work from, thank you tiny pieces of square paper!. The shroud served as a good test for what I should and shouldn't be doing while the print is in progress, like you shouldn't be pushing down on the sides to try and fix it to the base, just put more glue down!. The support structure is an amazing object in itself, 3D printing is awesome!.

IMG_2353.jpg
IMG_2354.jpg

Printed @phunguss shroud, thanks for sharing!. Having spent much time reading and experimenting I finally have a near level print bed to work from, thank you tiny pieces of square paper!. The shroud served as a good test for what I should and shouldn't be doing while the print is in progress, like you shouldn't be pushing down on the sides to try and fix it to the base, just put more glue down!. The support structure is an amazing object in itself, 3D printing is awesome!.

I don't know exactly how your bed is leveled but I converted mine to a 3 point level instead of 4 and it's much easier to level.

Any other updates here?

This is where I am with this project, obviously the motherboard hasn't arrived yet!. But I received an email yesterday saying that it has arrived into there warehouse and it's being shipped today, I have also got a tracking number. So hopefully this week, I will have a new build.

IMG_2933.JPG

In response to your other post, I don't know how the bed is levelled either, other than me putting pieces of paper under the bed magnets. The printer claims to be self leveling but I don't believe it is!. I did a six hour print the day before yesterday for my G5, link here.

Last edited:
If I look at their website, it states "manual levelling" in the specs...

Here's how I see this for my printer. Always print at 0.1000 height. It takes more time but the quality is awesome!

When levelling, always make sure the table that supports the printer is levelled first. Then make sure the arm of the X axis is levelled. And then make sure the Y axis is but do it in an X form with your level, not in a +.

If you decide to modify the heatbed for 3 mounting points, it will be even easier to level and the bed will not "bind" while heating and cooling like it does with your current setup.

Another thing to make sure is the height of your nozzle, I always adjust it to have just a little resistance when a paper sheet is inserted between the bed and the nozzle. Note that I always do this while the bed and nozzle are hot.

If I look at their website, it states "manual levelling" in the specs...

Here's how I see this for my printer. Always print at 0.1000 height. It takes more time but the quality is awesome!

When levelling, always make sure the table that supports the printer is levelled first. Then make sure the arm of the X axis is levelled. And then make sure the Y axis is but do it in an X form with your level, not in a +.

If you decide to modify the heatbed for 3 mounting points, it will be even easier to level and the bed will not "bind" while heating and cooling like it does with your current setup.

Another thing to make sure is the height of your nozzle, I always adjust it to have just a little resistance when a paper sheet is inserted between the bed and the nozzle. Note that I always do this while the bed and nozzle are hot.
The manual states 'Auto Leveling' though, also there are no screws to adjust the height of the corners of the print bed, unlike the earlier versions of this printer. I can live adjust the first few layers to get the perfect start, though to be honest it seems to be pretty close with just one corner slightly out. The four point mounting system is a good idea but it wouldn't work on my printer because I don't have the print bed with the screws attached, it just has magnets. I'm happy, it's been a steep learning curve setting it up but I'm at the point where it can do a six hour print without shifting layers or any input from me, apart from the first 10 minutes for live adjusting. I appreciate the help and tips though Charlee78, maybe we can create an alternative to the Auto Leveling feature using the magnetic print bed.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 6.36.04 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back