Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the eGPU and added needs for power cables, how did you do? I am thinking about a Pico PSU just for the GPU. Would that work?
There always seemed to be enough juice!, previously I had another SSD with Windows 10 and a WiFi card installed on an extension and both worked with the RX560. At the moment I just have the 560 taking extra power and everything is fine. I did attach an RX570 but benching shut it down so I assume there wasn't enough juice for that. What GPU are you thinking of adding?.

I'm not sure between the Rx570 or Nvidia 1050Ti. The 570 is native in OSX but Nvidia pulls less power...
the nvidia will only work on high sierra

I'm not sure between the Rx570 or Nvidia 1050Ti. The 570 is native in OSX but Nvidia pulls less power...

If your happy with High Sierra, and I'm going to admit my 2010 MBP has High Sierra and I'm happy with it, then go for the 1050Ti. You're correct to say it pulls less power, I had one in my first build, a HP 6300, it's a good card. The 570 would definitely need extra power.

I bought myself a GTX 1060 6Gb Mini ITX just for this project!

Now all I need is someone who can 3D print here in QLD, Aus.

I def think the riser card used with the SATA powering the PCIE board is where the issue lies - Have you attempted to bios mod/undervolt the 570? @craighazan - This should help with power draw substantially and likley may keep the card stable.

I bought myself a GTX 1060 6Gb Mini ITX just for this project!

Now all I need is someone who can 3D print here in QLD, Aus.

I def think the riser card used with the SATA powering the PCIE board is where the issue lies - Have you attempted to bios mod/undervolt the 570? @craighazan - This should help with power draw substantially and likley may keep the card stable.

I'm going to stick with the 560, the bios mod/undervolt might be beyond my experience. There are 3d print shops that you can upload your file too and they'll send you the 3D print, I tried a company called Xometry, you can specify material, color etc.

Working on the eGPU part today, this is my Gigabyte RX 560 perfectly positioned in the top Mm case, note an MSI AERO RX 560 is a little shorter. Notice I carefully butchered the shell to fit.

GFX1.jpg

The piece that holds the slots on the card will be attached to the neck, on the other side I'll create a piece that can fill those slots and also attach that to the neck. Little tip!, I was feeling too lazy to take apart the Mm and trace, scan the PCI slot cover, so instead I converted a screenshot of a PCI slot cover into SVG format. I could then remove all the inside paths in Infinity Designer to create a solid piece that I could upload to TinkerCad.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 1.57.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.51.31 PM.png
PCI4.png

GFX2.jpg

Almost there, the neck piece finished printing this morning and despite some issues with the vents, the graphics card fits. Some minor alignment issues but nothing to be concerned with, the next print will iron those out. I also really like the white finish, matches the top.

Mm2.jpg

Mm1.jpg

Mm3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back