Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I just successfully migrated from Chimera to Clover, and I have a question. Since I no longer use Chimera, is it ok if I deleted the "Extra" folder that contains org.chameleon.boot.plist? Again, I only use Clover to boot since my motherboard supports UEFI and I was just wondering if deleting the folder may break my installation. Thanks!

Hi! I just successfully migrated from Chimera to Clover, and I have a question. Since I no longer use Chimera, is it ok if I deleted the "Extra" folder that contains org.chameleon.boot.plist? Again, I only use Clover to boot since my motherboard supports UEFI and I was just wondering if deleting the folder may break my installation. Thanks!

It's safe, delete away!

Did you just update the bootloader with Clover or had you to delete Kexts first?

I installed Clover onto my HDD which automatically created an EFI partition. Then I added my FakeSMC.kext and ethernet kext to the 10.9 folder located in the kext folder of Clover. I also added my DSDT and SSDT to the AHCI folder and removed the /Extra folder since I no longer used Chimera. I left the kexts in S/L/E alone because they are required for boot.

UPDATE: Now that I can boot into Mac OSX with Clover, I cannot boot into Windows. When I boot from the Windows partition, I get a black screen and a message "No bootable device-insert boot disk". This was after I migrated from Chimera to Clover. Would fixing the MBR via bootrec fix this problem? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back