Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
i5 4570 3.2GHz
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD5450
Hey guys I just finished installing Mavericks onto my system but I have been slaving away trying different edits to the chameleon plist to try and get it to boot without safe mode to no avail. It just hangs at the apple logo with the loading circle forever if I don't use the safemode bootflag.

Here's my system specs so you know what I have:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
CPU: Intel i5 4570 Quad Core 3.2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GT740 GDDR5 1Gb
SDD: Samsung Evo 840 500Gb
PSU: Corsair CX500M
RAM: Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB DDR3
Wireless PCIe: TL-WDN4800-N900
Firewire PCIe: StarTech 3 Port 2b 1a 1394

I haven't attempted to boot without the safemode bootflag and verbose yet but will try that later tomorrow when I get back to the computer. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions I might have missed.
So far I have edited the plist to boot with GraphicEnabler, dart=0, npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID and 1080p video. However none of this has allowed me to boot up without safemode so far. Any help comes greatly appreciated.

On a slight tangent and off topic to this I am also having weird issues with two GPUs installed at once. I originally had an MSI R9 290X 8Gb GDDR5 but I could never get it to boot with all the fixes people had posted so I caved and bought a cheap Nvidia GT740 just for Mac use but with both cards installed I can't select which card to boot from in the BIOS if I have the GT740 above the 290X it will only boot from the GT740 if I swap them around on the Mobo it will only boot from the 290X I can't seem to select which one I want it to boot from now having to open the PC and move the graphics cards each time I want to go on Windows to do stuff on there is a pain, does anyone have any suggestions for that?

EDIT: I have solved the only booting in safemode problem after a very long search when I came across some advice another user posted in a thread.

"I went into System/Library/Extentions, I got rid of anything with the word bluetooth in it, didn't work.
I then deleted anything with the word ATI, INTELHDXXXX, AMD, NVIDIA, things listed as graphics...
EXCLUDING for the ones my system was going to be using which were the INTEL HD4000."

I used this information and deleted the bluetooth kexts and the AMD/ATI kexts as I have no use for them and voila! I booted in verbose and no issues it booted straight into the login screen without safemode.

Credit to jeanjacket for the fix.

Now I still need to figure out how to select what graphics card I want to boot with from the BIOS.

Hey guys I just finished installing Mavericks onto my system but I have been slaving away trying different edits to the chameleon plist to try and get it to boot without safe mode to no avail. It just hangs at the apple logo with the loading circle forever if I don't use the safemode bootflag.

Here's my system specs so you know what I have:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
CPU: Intel i5 4570 Quad Core 3.2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GT740 GDDR5 1Gb
SDD: Samsung Evo 840 500Gb
PSU: Corsair CX500M
RAM: Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB DDR3
Wireless PCIe: TL-WDN4800-N900
Firewire PCIe: StarTech 3 Port 2b 1a 1394

I haven't attempted to boot without the safemode bootflag and verbose yet but will try that later tomorrow when I get back to the computer. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions I might have missed.
So far I have edited the plist to boot with GraphicEnabler, dart=0, npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID and 1080p video. However none of this has allowed me to boot up without safemode so far. Any help comes greatly appreciated.

On a slight tangent and off topic to this I am also having weird issues with two GPUs installed at once. I originally had an MSI R9 290X 8Gb GDDR5 but I could never get it to boot with all the fixes people had posted so I caved and bought a cheap Nvidia GT740 just for Mac use but with both cards installed I can't select which card to boot from in the BIOS if I have the GT740 above the 290X it will only boot from the GT740 if I swap them around on the Mobo it will only boot from the 290X I can't seem to select which one I want it to boot from now having to open the PC and move the graphics cards each time I want to go on Windows to do stuff on there is a pain, does anyone have any suggestions for that?

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Please enter details of your motherboard where you currently have 'OSX 10.10'.

Thanks in anticipation

This should help with your R9 290X :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/showthread.php?t=115818

Apologies I did not even realise that was set to be that. In regards to the 290X I gave up with that I literally tried everything I'm just going to stick with the GT 740 for Mac as I don't need an insanely powerful GPU to do work in Logic X.
Any help with the problem mentioned in the post is appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back