Contribute
Register

Mavericks to El Capitan. Error: Can't find mach_kernel Please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I had Mavericks hackintosh with Chimera.

I made the bootable usb with El Capitan using Unibeast.

I noticed after that I had to download Clover and erase Chimera before updating.

After the installation, it restarted and booted the USB to the clover boot loader.

However, it wasn't able to complete the whole process.

After couple reboots, it stopped booting to the clover boot loader.

It went back to the Chimera.

That's fine but it wouldn't even recognize the bootable usb anymore.

No matter what I try, it comes out as can't find mach_kernel.

I've tried /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -v to boot. It would go through all the way without stopping and end up rebooting in the gray apple logo.

Please help...

Thank you!

@pyhjp9372, @tadros, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Not sure if this helps but mine will boot up from the HD, but on start up it kept telling me it couldn't find the Mach Kernel.
What I could do was hold F12 and choose the main HD, it then went straight to Clover boot and started/booted.
To stop having to go via F12, I went into the UEFI/bios (Hold delete when starting then go to 'Classic mode") In Classic mode you can change the priority of the Boot hard drives. I changed it so the main booting HD was #1.
Classic mode is a bit of a pain as you have to keep clicking to get it give you the options, but keep at it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back