Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system will freeze randomly after a few hours. Sometimes it goes all day without freezing. Also, sometimes if the freeze happens, I press alt-apple-escape repeatedly and that closes a few programs and the system comes back to life.

I have increased my RAM voltage from 1.50 V to 1.60 V and that seems to help a little (freezes are less frequent and take longer to occur). The specs for my RAM are 1.50 V. It seems like it may be a RAM issue. Is Mavericks more RAM intensive than previous versions?

I know this is a common problem with Mavericks, and wanted to see if anyone had a proven solution.

Thanks

It's normal, sadly, maverick It's unreliably, I'm disappointed because there's no solution, probably the next step of unibeast...I hope so I try every trick and tweak but random the system freeze. It's a really big fault, and all my component are from the raccomanded list...:thumbdown:

Hi,

I have the same issue.

My Hardware is:
  • Gigabyte Z87X-OC
  • Intel Core i7 4770K
  • NVidia GTX 770
  • 2x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LP

I tried setting my RAM Voltage to 1.6 V and I haven't had a freeze since then, this little trick seems to work for now.

I can only suspect that this Problem is caused due to the changes to RAM Management in Mavericks (in-memory compression etc?)

I would be very happy if someone has a definite answer why this is happening.

Hi,

Yes, when I increased the voltage it is much more stable. I write a lot of reports and work in Excel a lot, so what has worked for me to prevent loss of work is to chafe save setting to autosave every 2 minutes. Kinda janky, but at least I am not losing work now (not as much at least).

Freezes are about 1-2X a day leaving the computer on for about 10-14 hours.

i would've guessed that it might be something with your graphics card. fermi freeze and all that.
If so you could follow these instructions i found in a different thread.

1 - Download this freeze fix app, unzip and move the app into Utilities Folder.

2 - Go to: System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items

3 - Click the + button and select the freeze fix app in the Utilities Folder.

4 - Reboot or click in the FreezeFix app you placed in the Utilities Folder.

OK, I will give it a try and post the results.I have heard about the Freeze Fix app, but was skeptical to try it because most forums I've read regarding this app and Mavericks seemed to be unsuccessful. I will give it a try though, and certainly appreciate the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back