Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Asus S400CA-CA030H laptop HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the bios i can only choose to boot from the main HDD or usb stick for priority. No options for Mac partition. HDD will boot straight to windows.

Yes. It is because your Windows is installed UEFI. UEFI boot is taking priority over legacy boot (chimera).

Have you considered starting over with a clean slate. No Windows... Come back to dual boot later. At first it is easier and less complex if you figure out OS X all by itself.

If i start over with a clean slate, will it still boot from hd(0,1)? Because the previous issue that im having was booting from hd(0,1) instead of hd(1,6).

After i saw the diskutil list, i think the hd(1,6) is the mac partition, and hd(0,1) is my 24GB system cache ssd.

And was that the problem i can boot from -x but when i boot with -v the system boot from hd(0,1)?

If i start over with a clean slate, will it still boot from hd(0,1)? Because the previous issue that im having was booting from hd(0,1) instead of hd(1,6).

After i saw the diskutil list, i think the hd(1,6) is the mac partition, and hd(0,1) is my 24GB system cache ssd.

Where it boots will depend on where you install the boot loader. Disk numbers shown in diskutil do not always correspond to disk numbers in the boot loader. Press the tab key while at the boot loader screen and you'll switch to text mode where the disk numbers are displayed.

Have you considered starting over with a clean slate. No Windows... Come back to dual boot later. At first it is easier and less complex if you figure out OS X all by itself.

hi, is it possible if i install the OS X on an external HDD instead?

hi, is it possible if i install the OS X on an external HDD instead?

External drives are slow, but yes provided you don't have any USB issues, it can work.

Hi hongtm77,

Can you finally get it worked? I have the exact same model as yours. My S400CA can't see my SSD after installed a fresh Mavericks (only Mavericks no Windows). Could you share your experience with me, such as UEFI/BIOS settings, Bootloader choice, DSDT, org.chameleon.boot.plist settings and smbios.plist settings?

Thanks,

Mickeymeow

I can help you with booting from SSD. I have same Asus S400ca laptop as yours. Here is youtube video I put up. I can guide you through and also give you my clover bootloader. You have to make ssd partition ms-dos format and just drag drop my clover bootloader and then disable fast boot pxe rom in bios and you will boot fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6MG33ZxGXs

I can help you with booting from SSD. I have same Asus S400ca laptop as yours. Here is youtube video I put up. I can guide you through and also give you my clover bootloader. You have to make ssd partition ms-dos format and just drag drop my clover bootloader and then disable fast boot pxe rom in bios and you will boot fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6MG33ZxGXs

Do you have speed-step working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back