Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Any Idea why cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:" doesn't run now?
Where did you install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext?
The kext is deprecated, see Post #1
ssdt is correct, rename to name of the folder: SSDT-LPC-9Series.aml
Slow boot and random shut down are off topic
Really bad idea to run Prime95 without PM.
Reply with new files.

Where did you install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext?
The kext is deprecated, see Post #1
ssdt is correct, rename to name of the folder: SSDT-LPC-9Series.aml
Slow boot and random shut down are off topic
Really bad idea to run Prime95 without PM.
Reply with new files.

Kext is installed in Clover kexts (both 10.12 and other for now)
Oh ok, so I can't get those states this way.
Since my machine won't power on for more than a few seconds now, I am going to come back tomorrow to try to get the files again.
Can you explain "ssdt is correct, rename to name of the folder: SSDT-LPC-9Series.aml" a bit more? Do you mean to rename the "patched" folder?
I think doing the torture test is what made it so I can't reboot. Hopefully tomorrow I can get those files again. Thanks again and I'll take care of the SSDT item if you can clarify.

So like this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 3.17.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 3.17.14 PM.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 150
Ok I did that from another computer but now I cannot boot. The moment my desktop shows up the system restarts. I am wondering how to debug this. I realize you have said it's not related but it only started after making the edits as outlined. I'm trying to determine how to debug. Maybe I need to rebuild a cache or something?

Hi Toleda and thanks for this great guide!
I've got no problem. :D
Just need an advice on the mac model: my build features an i3 2100 / 3,1 GHz on LGA1155 Socket Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo. I've used MacTracker to find the closest model and tried both iMac12,1 (i3 3225 Late 2011) and iMac12,2 (i5 or Core i7 Sandy Bridge Mid 2011).
Both work and it's hard to tell if there is any difference, so should I stick to the one with same CPU type (i3 iMac12,1) or the one with the right family (Sandy Bridge iMac12,2)? Or doesn't it matter? :confused:

Back