Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

i5-5675c_cpu_pm_fix (10.11, 10.11.1)

S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/X86PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources/
Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A.plist (iMac16,2)
Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist (iMac14,1)

Credit: Piker Alpha
Still working perfectly in macOS Sierra :
Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 20.19.21.png

That is the problem, Ivy Bridge/x86PlatformPlugin is supported/required in 10.12
No ssdt in Baseline folder
1st attempt: SSDT/plugin-type missing
Download latest ssdtPRGen, make new ssdt

Hey Toleda, I didn't included an SSDT on the baseline as I wanted it to be vanilla no alterations. Sorry if I am incorrect here.

Problem Reporting

So I ran the latest version of ssdtPRgen Beta and the -w Flagg is no longer supported. So then I ran "./ssdtPRgen" with no extra parameters to see if the settings are included in the script. I understand this maybe incorrect on your instruction if correct I will try "./ssdtPRgen -x 1" for my 3rd attempt.
  1. 2nd attempt
  2. OS X 10.12/Z68mx-ud2h-b3/UEFI U1e/i7-3770/HD4000
  3. Ivy Bridge/HD4000 (Core i3/5/7 3xxx, 3rd Generation)
  4. Copy of IORegistryExplorer -attached
  5. Copy of AICPUPMI/Terminal -does not return anything
  6. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)
    1. Console has changed in 10.12. attached “system.log” all messages
  7. Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget - attached
  8. Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist -attached
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log -attached
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml -attached
    4. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml - attached

Attachments

• 2nd attempt.zip
    999.5 KB · Views: 111
Aww, I guess this is the end of the line then?

My hack has been working for over a year now - so besides some sleep issues, it should be fine, aye?
@stiligFox did you ever get this figured out? I'm on the same board and I'm having the exact same problem after following the same guide. It's quite troubling. If I do anything heavy with the processor I lose the monitors because I fear that I'm pushing the machine too hard... like it's OC'd really heavy but I am definitely not overclocked... It's just always in turbo... whether I use the PM method or not.

@stiligFox did you ever get this figured out? I'm on the same board and I'm having the exact same problem after following the same guide. It's quite troubling. If I do anything heavy with the processor I lose the monitors because I fear that I'm pushing the machine too hard... like it's OC'd really heavy but I am definitely not overclocked... It's just always in turbo... whether I use the PM method or not.

Sadly, I gave up after this, since none of the suggestions were able to get it working. The weird thing is that I know that this exact build has been built with working power management.

If you ever get this working, let me know! I may try to get it working with Sierra, but we'll see.

Sadly, I gave up after this, since none of the suggestions were able to get it working. The weird thing is that I know that this exact build has been built with working power management.

If you ever get this working, let me know! I may try to get it working with Sierra, but we'll see.

So here's what I know with the GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 + 4790K setup:

If I boot with the El Capitan Unibeast USB into my normal drive... I have power management. It works great. If I don't... I don't. I've just made the correlation, and it would be interesting to see if you can get the same correlation, but in the meantime... I'm not really sure what kexts [or what other factors] the USB overrides, but I can say with a surety that it's affecting power management for sure.

Ideas:
Clover version?
Kexts?
Something else?

I'd be interested to see if there is a common denominator between the 2 of us.
GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5 | i7 4790K

That is the problem, Ivy Bridge/x86PlatformPlugin is supported/required in 10.12
No ssdt in Baseline folder
1st attempt: SSDT/plugin-type missing
Download latest ssdtPRGen, make new ssdt

Hey @toleda I have added the -x 1 to the ssdtPRGen script as I think this is required. Unfortunately I feel power management is still not working as it should. I ran ./ssdtPRGen.sh -x 1 and rebooted, seems to be slightly worse than attempt 2. I can confirm plug in type is now 1

Problem Reporting

1. 3rd attempt
  2. OS X 10.12/Z68mx-ud2h-b3/UEFI U1e/i7-3770/HD4000
  3. Ivy Bridge/HD4000 (Core i3/5/7 3xxx, 3rd Generation)
  4. Copy of IORegistryExplorer -attached
  5. Copy of AICPUPMI/Terminal -does not return anything
  6. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)
    1. Console has changed in 10.12. attached “system.log” all messages
  7. Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget - attached
  8. Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist -attached
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log -attached
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml -attached
    4. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml - attached

Attachments

• 3rd attempt.zip
    1,008 KB · Views: 128
ssdt is not loading, no XCPM, try boot argument -xcpm.
Thanks @toleda,

I believe I am booting with the above mentioned flag. I believe it can be seen in the config plist. I have been reading other post on this site and other Moderators such as yourself seem to believe the -xcpm is not available for Sierra. Maybe this is the issue?

Make sure you're using the current/latest ssgPRgen.sh.
Keep in mind this result is with Sierra (in Sierra the -xcpm flag is not available... has no effect).

As always thanks for the help, I am interested to know have you or anyone else encountered this?

Thanks @toleda,

I believe I am booting with the above mentioned flag. I believe it can be seen in the config plist. I have been reading other post on this site and other Moderators such as yourself seem to believe the -xcpm is not available for Sierra. Maybe this is the issue?

As always thanks for the help, I am interested to know have you or anyone else encountered this?

Am I wrong here?

Back