Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, sounds like you downloaded the patch; not what is documented. Configure MaciASL/Preferences/Sources with
Code:
https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_5series/master
for the latest and always current patches. Use v2.0 of the patch.

Hi Toleda,

Thanks a lot for trying to help. Now I used the source you suggested in MaciASL and it compiled OK without using the DTGP patch. But unfortunately the HDMI audio out still not available!!

Here are the compiled DSDT.aml and the IOREG file.

Attachments

• nick’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 119
  • DSDT.aml
    14.5 KB · Views: 131
the HDMI audio out still not available!!
First IOReg you attached, your display is not in the normal place. Start over. Use the same steps as before and add this patch edit:

MaciASL/Patch/hdmi_5series/AMI-BIOS-AMD-Nvidia-5_Series-A1
Find: 0x00010000
Replace All: 0x00030000
Apply
Close
Compile

Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg.

First IOReg you attached, your display is not in the normal place. Start over. Use the same steps as before and add this patch edit:

MaciASL/Patch/hdmi_5series/AMI-BIOS-AMD-Nvidia-5_Series-A1
Find: 0x00010000
Replace All: 0x00030000
Apply
Close
Compile

Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg.

Hi,

Bingo!!! HDMI Working fine now!! Since you told my display is not in the normal place, it could be true for all Intel DP55WB latest bios version and the Nvidia GTX 580.
Here are my working edited DSDT and the IOREG, if anyone needs it.

Toleda, thank you very much!!!

Attachments

• DSDT_OK.aml
    14.5 KB · Views: 122
  • nick’s Mac Pro_OK.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 106
Thanks toleda, you helped me a long time ago with my DSDT. But I forgot to back it up before overriding and spent almost the whole day trying to remember how to patch it again. But success in all 3 machines.

I'm not sure if you would like to update the guide on the first post to include X58, but I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Award motherboard with Intel® X58 Express Chipset and I just followed the instructions for series 5 and it works great.

Also maybe to clarify on step 3 of requirements that is not just motherboards made by Intel, but other brands also like Gigabyte etc. as long as they have the same chipset series. I was confused about that all day wondering how I got to do it before on Lion, because I have a Gigabyte board and not an Intel.

Once I figured out how to use the new tools, it was a matter of changing the display address you helped me with before and success.

Thanks again.

I have the same motherboard and tried to follow the sticky, but man, I feel like it's written for someone with a lot more knowledge than me. I find it really hard to follow with my knowledge. Is there an explanation for people with less knowledge? I've been using a hackintosh since snow leopard... and have done relatively well up till now. :)

Hello Toleda, following your recommendation i have troubles for enable the hdmi audio, built-in and discret

After of use your guide i have not video. Erasing the PEGP patch and leaving the HDEF patch i have video but without built-in audio

I was attempting understand a bit your patches. According to my rig

CPU: i7 3770 Ivy Bridge
Motherboard: Gigabyte H77M-D3H Rev 1.0
Graphic card: Built-in HD 4000, discrete nVidia Geforce GTX 550 ti
Bootloader: Clover 2k rev2330
Audio chipset: VIA VT2021 but i am using a AppleHDA 2.3.1 modified for my chipset (goodbye to VoodoHDA)
SMBIOS: Macbook Pro 10.1
DSDT: Was generated by the Clover but just have the DTGP added, the UEFI clean compile and the HDEF for work in conjuction with the AppleHDA
SSDT: Generated with the ssdtPRGen

I should use the patch AMI-AMD-Nvidia-7_series-A1 that this apply 3 modifications in the devices, IGPU, PEGP and HDEF, right?

Well I have several conflicts here

IGPU is doing reference to the built-in graphics card, right? - My DSDT has the IGPU device but looking the DSDT after of apply your patch seems untouched or without modification

PEGP is doing reference to discrete graphics card, right? - Looking in the IOJones the HDMI audio device is under the RP01@C devic

HDMI nVidia IOJones.png

and the discrete graphics card is under the PXSX@0 device

nVidia.jpg

HDEF is doing reference to the built-in audio, right?. I think that here should mix your patch with my patch (remember that my HDEF device is already patched for work in conjuction with the AppleHDA.kext patched for the chipset VIA VT2020/21(credits to Nithy))

I leave you my files attached ... the original DSDT, the patched using your guide and my theoretical DSDT following my deductions

In the theoretical DSDT i added the patch on the RP01 device, and on the HDEF device i added a mix of your patch with my patch (credits to Nithy) but i don't know how apply the patch for the IGPU device.

Can you help me and see if i did the things correctly on my DSDT and add the patch for the IGPU device?

View attachment DSDT patched with Toleda's guide.aml.zip
View attachment Original DSDT.aml.zip
View attachment Theoretical DSDT.aml.zip

Greetings

Hello Toleda, following your recommendation i have troubles for enable the hdmi audio, built-in and discret
Your graphics card is in the wrong slot. It is in a x4 slot. move it to PCIEX16. Install the dsdt/toleda dsdt. Reply with a new IOReg.

Your graphics card is in the wrong slot. It is in a x4 slot. move it to PCIEX16. Install the dsdt/toleda dsdt. Reply with a new IOReg.

Thanks Toleda by your recommendation but i can not move my graphics card to slot PCIEX16.

I am forced to use my graphics card on the slot PCIEX4 by lack of room

I have a firewire card on the slot PCIEX1 just under the slot PCIEX16

Greetings

Everything is compromised. Move the firewire.

I would like move the firewire but my motherboard just have one slot PCIEX1 and i need the firewire for work with my firewire devices

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back