Graphics
MSI N460GTX Hawk
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,
I have been trying to get HDMI audio to work for a few days, but I wasn't successful so far. I need a little bit of help ;)

Here's my setup:

• Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H (BIOS F12)
  • Intel i5-2500K
  • GeForce GTX 460 (MSI N460GTX Hawk)
  • Yosemite 10.10.2
  • Clover r3185

I'm using the NVIDIA WebDriver 343.02.02f02.
I deactivated the onboard sound card in my BIOS. The onboard card is a VIA VT2021 with 3 ports on the mainboard. I only want to use HDMI audio via my graphics card. I hope that's possible.

Here are my assumptions that I made based on the guides from toleda:

• Because I'm using a H77 chipset with a i5 2500K, I should be using 7series/HD3000/AMD/Nvidia - https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd3000.
  • Because I don't want to use onboard audio or onboard HDMI, I should be using audio ID 1.
But there's already the first problem. There isn't a patch for audio ID 1.

I tried sb3-hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000-3.txt_v2.1 any way, didn't work. That probably shows, that I don't really know what I'm doing :) I also tried a few other patches. None of them worked:

I didn't apply any changes to my config.plist. I only patched the DSDT.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Please let me know what.

I'm using the attached DSDT right now. I only applied toleda's clean compile patch to the initial MaciASL DSDT. The SSDT I generated using ssdtPRGen.sh.

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for the great guide Toleda. Unfortunately I cannot get HDMI audio working and would appreciate any help. Here are the details:

Problem
Onboard audio works, but no HDMI option as an audio output. As a second (and I think relatedi ssue), I cannot boot with anything plugged into the lower HDMI port,even in Safe Boot and/or using backup Chimera or Clover USB drives.

Specs
MB: GA-Z87N-WIFI
BIOS: Version F6
Processor: i5-4690K
Graphics: Intel HD4600
Audio: Realtek ALC892

Guide
Toleda's [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.1.3, used Clover to insert SSDTs

Attachments
View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip, View attachment config.plist, View attachment debug.log, View attachment R’s Mac Pro.iojones, View attachment SSDT.aml
DPCIManager_screenshot.pngAudio hardware_screenshot.png

Last edited:

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
cannot get HDMI audio working
Clover says ssdt is loading, does not show in IOJones.
Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/all to NO (or remove)
Set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem/NO
Reply with new files.
Regarding no boot on lower HDMI connector; no native Mac has 2 HDMI connectors. Use upper for boot, lower for 2nd display.

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
No dice unfortunately. IOJones still shows display@2 (instead of IGPU@2) and HDM0@3 (instead of HDAU@3). Here are the steps I followed from beginning to end in case that helps:

Step I: HD4600 HDMI Audio kext edits

1. AppleHDA.kext

Ran audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command (per this readme:https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC)
- Confirm Realtek ALC892: Yes
- Clover Audio ID Injection: Yes
- Use Audio ID:1: Yes​

Note: Audio functioned after running this command

2. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (using config-hdmi_hd4600-92_v2.plist per this readme:https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI)
- Added the following toEFI/CLOVER/config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch/​
AppleHDAController (Audio 1/2)
AppleHDAController (Audio 2/2)
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (Port 05)
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (Port 06)
AppleIntelFrambufferAzul (Port 07)
{Already present} AppleHDA
{Already present} AppleHDA​

Step II: OS X HDMI Audio Guides
(using[Guide] OS X hdmi_audio-ssdt_v2.2)

1. Edited SSDT (using Toleda's [Guide] OS X hdmi_audio-ssdt_v2.2 from https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_guides)
- Downloaded Repo audio_hdmi_8series/ssdt_8series
- Copied SSDT-1.aml from AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1
- Pasted into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
- Renamed SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml because there were no other SSDTfiles in the Patched folder
- Rebuilt kernel cache using DPCIManager
- Restarted system​

2. Enabled SSDT
- In Clover, added ACPI/SSDT/DropTables/SaSsdt ('SaSsdt ' with a space per guide)
- Also enabled ACPI/SSDT/DropOem (See Note)​

Note: Inside theAMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1.zip is a file entitled[Guide]-audio_ssdt-hdmi-installation_v1.1, which says to enableACPI/SSDT 'DropOem' without mentioning the addition of 'SaSsdt'in the DropTables. I tried enabling just one of the two or both, but still no difference.

View attachment config.plist, View attachment debug.log, View attachment R’s Mac Pro_2.iojones

Update: I realize that I initially only removed all the "OldWay" dsdt fixes, but HDMI audio still alludes me after also removing all of the "NewWay" fixes.

Last edited:

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No dice unfortunately
says to enableACPI/SSDT 'DropOem' without mentioning the addition of 'SaSsdt'in the DropTables.
Ignored "Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/all to NO (or remove)"; why?
Not documented: DropTables/HaltEnabler; why?
My mistake; 8 series/Clover with
DropTables/SSDT/SaSsdt , set SSDT/DropOem/NO

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ignored "Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/all to NO (or remove)"; why
Update: I realize that I initially only removed all the "OldWay" dsdt fixes, but HDMI audio still alludes me after also removing all of the "NewWay" fixes.

Not documented: DropTables/HaltEnabler; why?
This was leftover from a standard config I used to initially set up Clover.​

I removed all dsdt fixes, HaltEnabler, and DropOem. SSDTs still do not want to load correctly. Here are the latest settings:
View attachment config.plist,View attachment R’s Mac Pro_3.iojones,View attachment debug.log.zip

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
The DSDT method works perfectly, even eliminating the boot failure whenever the lower HDMI port was being used. Not only can I now run HDMI audio, I don't have to unplug my second monitor before every bootup and restart :thumbup:

Thanks again Toleda for making this incredibly comprehensive guide and for helping everyone troubleshoot.

Update (01/Apr/15): I am still unable to boot with two monitors connected. Having an HDMI plugged into the lower HDMI port produces a boot loop, even if the second monitor is turned off or the HDMI disconnected from the monitor's end. This is with Toleda's framebuffer edits, which were recommended as a possible solution here, Post #4. At least I have HDMI audio though while I search for a solution to the dual monitors problem.

Motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@toleda YOU ARE THE BEST!!! Ok I have GA-H61N-USB3, i5-3570, GT640 (Mojave) and I followed your instructions and I have my HDMI Samsung audio. I was arrogant and I was sure to make it by myself. I lost an entire afternoon and then I, like the prodigal son, went to your link and les jeux sont faits.

Status
Not open for further replies.