Contribute
Register

Mavericks freeze without crash log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conclusion:

So it looks like that it's running quite stable now. No on-the-fly freezes have occured for about a month now.
I'm not sure about the "wake-freeze" issue however, it happened some weeks ago, but not since I've updated to 10.9.2.
It looks to me that installing the USB 3 kext had solved something, although it shouldn't even be needed, since the gigabyte h87 laptops support USB 3 natively.

Anyways it looks like to me that the machine just needed some running-in (even if it sound crazy).

I can confirm the same odd random freezes since updating to 10.9.2 with my Gigabyte Z87-HD3. Never had any issues before with that config. Usually without panic text, in those cases that there was one, it would not trace back to any kernel extension.

i also can happily confirm the solution of the thread starter: installing the GenericUSBXHCI solved the freezes completely. There must have been some changes to the original Apple kexts, that the Z87-HD3 doesn't like.

I'm having the similar problem. Woke my hackintosh from sleep and now it freezes as soon as it boots up and keeps freezing. I'm not sure if its all the applications i have running before it crashed. I cant do anything. Im trying to get it into safe mode but I'm not sure when to hit shift during boot up.

Try setting your hibernate mode to 0 in terminal, remember that it usually changes back to 3 after updates:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and uncheck Genrate CPU States in multibeast. That solved my problems from random freezes, etc.

Thanks, I'll try. Btw what does this do exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back