Contribute
Register

Making NEC USB 3.0 Card Fully Comportable with Original MAC Drivers [CalDigit, LaCie, Oyen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update system to Sierra with sonnet id`s but after install driver, does any of those drivers supports sierra?
Plug in your device to USB 3.0 port and reboot Mac OS X with connected unit.

uPD720200a rev4 now up and running using Sonnet sub-device and sub-system id's

Thank you very much, amazing... i had given up hope.
You made my day, :clap::headbang:

Quandril, has your El Capitan install been working fine with USB 3? Which Sonnet driver did you install?
I have an otherwise well working El Capitan install on my HP ProBook 4730s with 3xusb2 ports, but the uPD720200a rev4 port doest not work. So just to make sure:

You flashed the Sonnet ID's and installed this driver (http://www.sonnettech.com/support/kb/kb.php?cat=417&expand=_a3&action=b569 ?) and it works after that?

I'm a bit afraid that i'll do something irreversible, so what is it possible to completely reverse the process if it doesn't work properly? Is there a firmware version change taking place?

BUMP
It's been a day, looking into options for more USB ports on Thinkpad X220.
I don't think the i7 CPU with the single USB 3 port has been patched to work so far.
It's annoying me only being able to use 2/3 USB Ports.

After reading a few pages,
I'm wondering am I okay to follow instructions to get a NEC USB 3.0 ExpressCard working on Sierra?
So I then can purchase the card :)

Thanks guys, take it easy these holidays.

Hi.
My T420s with NEC 7020201 can work on OS X 10.12.2
thank

I gave up trying to rebrand my card. I'm now using GenericUSBXHCI.kext and works beautifully.

Anyone using this card should give it a try.

Cheers!
Hi charlie...

When u used the genericusbxchi.kext and got it to work, does this mean that u ddnt have to meddle with any flashing or fixing the plist or any other stuffs ?

Before i got in here, i did try that kext with kext wizard, but nothing.... can u shed some light? Thanks.

Hi DZLK, i am referring to you quote "
for uPD720201/uPD720202 - check my post attachment #36"
my card is 720201....i checked post attachment #36...but #36 is not your post. Noob here, pls shed some light on what i am not seeing. Thanks.​

is is someone can get to work uPD720200A rev4 on Sierra 10.12.4 ?
I flash with. Sonnet - Subsystem Vendor ID: 16B8 / Subsystem Device ID: 5701
but in System report / USB not showing anything for usb3 , wen I put USB flash drive is open but no in showing and not work good.

Last edited:
is is someone can get to work uPD720200A rev4 on Sierra 10.12.4 ?
I flash with. Sonnet - Subsystem Vendor ID: 16B8 / Subsystem Device ID: 5701
but in System report / USB not showing anything for usb3 , wen I put USB flash drive is open but no in showing and not work good.
can you make it work properly now?I have the same problem ,but my one can run usb 3.0 at full speed just now showing in system report.....so strange

can you
can you make it work properly now?I have the same problem ,but my one can run usb 3.0 at full speed just now showing in system report.....so strange
can you give me your config and patch to see how you do it, because I can not start again, I re install 2 time and nothing,
I start only one time and after 2 restart stop to work.. :)
Right now I flash with. Sonnet - Subsystem Vendor ID: 16B8 / Subsystem Device ID: 5701.
I have only one USB3. I try to fix it on Laptop Toshiba L755-1nk.
just please tell me what you use to fix it. DSDT,SSDT, kext... just copy EFI folder and if you use some other kext in S/L/E or L/E
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back