Contribute
Register

Making NEC USB 3.0 Card Fully Comportable with Original MAC Drivers [CalDigit, LaCie, Oyen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry,just type in wrong word,it's not showing in the sys report,but the usb 3.0 work fine in the system since i just install the system, i have use something like genericusb, and i didn't find any information about xhc in my dsdt, also i haven't do anything in clover confit, nearly empty in my config, if you wish, I can send u my efi by email or other instant message app like qq, I have try few vendor Id and device id today, but all of them can't make the usb3.0 showing in system report, just try to detect the speed of my ssd USB key, it can run 73mb write and 230 mb read, so I think it running properly in system, sometimes if I wake up my system from sleep, that will make it work not properly until restart of the system
can you

can you give me your config and patch to see how you do it, because I can not start again, I re install 2 time and nothing,
I start only one time and after 2 restart stop to work.. :)
Right now I flash with. Sonnet - Subsystem Vendor ID: 16B8 / Subsystem Device ID: 5701.
I have only one USB3. I try to fix it on Laptop Toshiba L755-1nk.
just please tell me what you use to fix it. DSDT,SSDT, kext... just copy EFI folder and if you use some other kext in S/L/E or L/E
thanks

Making NEC USB 3.0 Card Fully Comportable with Original MAC Drivers [CalDigit, LaCie, Sonnet, Oyen]

So, Now We can to change Subsystem Vendor ID and Subsystem Device ID for Your
NEC/RENESAS USB3 Controller on chip (uPD720200 & uPD720200a)

for uPD720201/uPD720202 - check my post attachment #36

All latest original MAC drivers, before locked for us, will be available from Vendors by Your choice:
CalDigit MAC Driver or
LaCie MAC Driver or
Oyen Digital MAC Driver or
Sonnet MAC Driver and etc...

The MAC Drivers locked in differences Subsystem Vendor ID / Subsystem Device ID

Controllers on chip Nec/RENESAS has similar main vendor is NEC forever - Vendor ID: 1033 / Device ID: 0194​

Sonnet - Subsystem Vendor ID: 16B8 / Subsystem Device ID: 5701
(This driver in System Info Showing PCI Cards Driver Installed: Yes and SXHCD.kext loaded fine and working immediately with all cards, support full speed USB 3.0 only with Drives without external power or low power required).
This driver more stable when original LaCie kext without any patches and Perfect working in full USB 3.0 mode with best Performance and speed.

NOW it's The Best Driver
for flashing Subsystem ID method, Perfect working without any patches!!!

LaCie - Subsystem Vendor ID: 059F / Subsystem Device ID: 0194
(This driver in System Info Showing PCI Cards Driver Installed: Yes and PXHCD.kext loaded fine and working immediately with all cards, but only with USB 2.0 Devices, original driver is locked, and supporting full speed USB 3.0 only with LaCie Drives) - Need patched last PXHCD.kext 1.0.11 for unlocking all usb drives, in patched kext may be issues with performance or stability.

CalDigit
- Subsystem Vendor ID: 2188 / Subsystem Device ID: 0194 for PCI Express Card (Desktop) and Device ID: 0195 for ExpressCard (NoteBook)
(This driver in System Info Showing PCI Cards Driver Installed: Yes and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext loaded fine, but only 1 or 2 of 10 cards working immediately with all USB Devices, other cards with unknown reasons don't want find any USB Devices) - Need more research for supporting uPD720200 / uPD720200a cards. Try it with uPD720201/uPD720202 cards - Post #36

Oyen Digital - Subsystem Vendor ID: 0DC4 / Subsystem Device ID: 0194
(This driver in System Info Showing PCI Cards Driver Installed: Yes and mXHCD.kext loaded fine, but most cards with unknown reasons don't want find any USB Devices) - Need more research for supporting cards. Try it with uPD720201/uPD720202 cards - Post #46

Intel - Subsystem Vendor ID: 8086 / Subsystem Device ID: 1E31
(This driver in System Info Showing PCI Cards Driver Installed: Yes and only patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext loaded fine and mostly working immediately, but may be issues with performance or stability on non Intel Cards) - Need patched plugin AppleUSBXHCI.kext inside of IOUSBFamily.kext from native OS 10.8.2 for supporting non Intel chipset. More info...
And Now GenericUSBXHCI Project - Source

Renesas
- Subsystem Vendor ID: 1912 / Subsystem Device ID: 0015
(Just original ID's by Renesas Vendor for NEC/RENESAS USB3 Cards)

In Attachment ORIGINAL Latest Firmware for NEC chip uPD720200 & uPD720200a and Tool for Flashing it with any Subsystem Vendor ID / Subsystem Device ID by Your Choice.

The NEW Original Firmware Version 4.0.2.1.0.3 pour NEC uPD720200a only - 10/05/13
Perfect working with latest original Sonnet USB 3.0 Driver (Mac) 1.0.9b1 - 25/02/13

Instructions:

Download Attachment and unpack IT.
2. Now We have to make boot USB with Free DOS under Windows using Rufus.
3. Run rufus_v1.0.7f.exe in fat 32 /Quick Format / Create a DOS bootable disk.
4. Open Flash folder and copy all the contents to the USB Bootable drive you just made. Open CFG.INI file from USB drive in notepad.
Change FFFF to desired
SubSystemVendor ID and SubSystem ID (Device ID) from Vendor List.txt
Code:
[SubSystemVendorID]
FFFF
[SubSystemID]
FFFF
Save CFG.INI
Insert Your NEC USB 3.0 Card with empty usb ports.
Restart, enter the Bios or rEFIt and choose your bootable usb drive.
5. Under Free DOS Type in the command below exactly.

Code:
D200FW36.EXE /srom ?
It's detect your chip uPD720200 or uPD720200a and rev. 3 or 4 ....
If your detected chip will be uPD720200 rev. 3 Type in the command below exactly.
Code:
D200FW36.EXE /srom 0 /writeall F303408.MEM CFG.INI
If your detected chip will be uPD720200a rev.4 Type in the command below exactly.
Code:
D200FW36.EXE /srom 0 /writeall F402003.MEM CFG.INI
8. Reboot to MAC OS and now you can install driver from Vendor then you
desire flash before with SubSystemVendor ID and SubSystem ID (Device ID).
You Can change
FFFF to desired in CFG.INI again and Flash again many times as you wish.

Please post hear new information and ADD LIST THE NEW Subsystem Vendor ID and Subsystem Device ID...

I have succeed flashing my Renesas uPD720202 by using Caldigit subsystemvendor id & subsytemid.
my mobo sec:
mb : GA Ep45-UD3P
ram: 8g
GPU: ATI 4850 512m
CPU: Xeon E5450
OSX: 10.10.5 / 10.11.6
PCI card: Renasas uPD720202

The usb3 will not show in the system information USB tree when running 10.11.6. But it works when I plug the removal harddisk.Thank you .
I flash it in the DOS mode and have to "power off" before restart ,otherwise it wouldn't make it.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for ur reply man. Appreciate it. Just saw it. Will try it.

You mean i have to place the kext in the kexts folder ? And change some setting in the plist ? Thats all ?
Yes, place the kext to L/E. The kext only edit info.plist to remove the ID check.

I'd just like to report success with the µPD720202 on Yosemite (bought on eBay).

I didn't flash, but used a file I found on the comments here:

http://www.spaceman.ca/blog/?p=288

Specifically this from "srhardy" (get it before this gdrive disappears. it disappeared once already):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7k1XCw3-hTceHJCcDB4cDREb1E/view?usp=sharing

In case I have problems with this card in the future, I have made a freedos USB drive with the appropriate wares, but this appears to work for now and I'm happy.

*edit* hotplugs just fine. The best method seems to be to connect the USB device to the expresscard before inserting the card. Doing this in the reverse order will cause the card to eject (whoever designed the eject mechanism didn't think things through IMO). After I'm finished I eject the device then remove the card from my MacBook 17.

YAY

Thank you anarkhos....Yeesss it Does works for me with this Driver, I'm using ORICO-ENUS3-2P USB3.0 EXPRESS CARD WITH NEC CHIPSET [ENUS3-2P]
https://www.bukalapak.com/p/kompute...-2port-usb3-0-pcmcia-expresscard-for-notebook

Now I can use my express card again, after all this time....thanks again anarkhos

hi,
after several kexts install, uninstall, flashing rom, bios settings, reboots, i come here.
my usb3 card is a silverstone sst-ec04-p, with nec/renesas μpd720201 chipset.
when flashing it, the tool said that the revision 3, 25Lxx/6 series (macronix).
now, i think the MB bios is well configured. and i use the sonett kext.

on the first post it's said that the renesas subsysteme device id is 0015.
my card's device id is 0014 ! does it can make error?
when i use a usb2 key, that run well. but when i insert a usb3 key, the system need to initialyse the key, but she don't appear in finder. i think the system don't use the same kext ?
i think when i use a usb2 key, sxhcd kext is used . when a usb3 key, the appleusbehcipci kext is used.
the usb3 chipset could be recognised as intel?

my config':
asus p5b-e + (legacy bios) core2duo E7600 4Gb ram gtx560ti.
mac os 10.11.6 clover

Attachments

• usb3-2.jpg
    usb3-2.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 373
@marcelol, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back