Contribute
Register

Making NEC USB 3.0 Card Fully Comportable with Original MAC Drivers [CalDigit, LaCie, Oyen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to report success with the µPD720202 on Yosemite (bought on eBay).

I didn't flash, but used a file I found on the comments here:

http://www.spaceman.ca/blog/?p=288

Specifically this from "srhardy" (get it before this gdrive disappears. it disappeared once already):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7k1XCw3-hTceHJCcDB4cDREb1E/view?usp=sharing

In case I have problems with this card in the future, I have made a freedos USB drive with the appropriate wares, but this appears to work for now and I'm happy.

*edit* hotplugs just fine. The best method seems to be to connect the USB device to the expresscard before inserting the card. Doing this in the reverse order will cause the card to eject (whoever designed the eject mechanism didn't think things through IMO). After I'm finished I eject the device then remove the card from my MacBook 17.

YAY

I was able to get this to work using Sonnet ids on my El Capitan Clover legacy bios build with GA-H55M-USB3 board.
(Formerly it was working fine with multibeast patched NEC drivers in Yosemite.)

d200fw32 reported the chip as "uPD720200(Revision 3)"
I flashed w/ F303408.MEM and the Sonnet sub ids.

Both a generic 2.5" USB 3.0 disk enclosure as well as a USB 3.0 flash stick seem to work fine, although they dont show up in USB in system info for some reason. (They do show up in storage.). The driver does seem to be loaded however:
$ kextstat |grep SXHCD
52 0 0xffffff7f80ef7000 0x1d000 0x1d000 com.sonnet.driver.SXHCD (1.27.9b2) 9C26DF79-6D25-31E9-8F6A-6A38D101012B <40 12 7 5 4 3>

One issue I am noticing is that the devices give one of those unplug errors (when you remove a usb drive without ejecting first) after waking up from sleep.

Edit:
Warning, I noticed that I am also having some strange issue where my machine works mostly fine for first sleep/wake cycle, but seems to not go into complete sleep on second sleep, and wont wake back up (needs to be reset/power cycled.) This was even with nothign plugged into usb3 ports. As this is a new El Capitan/Clover build and likely has some big differences from my mostly stable Yosemite/Chimera build, I'm not sure if it's related, so im currently running through more testing, by removing the Sonnet kext for the remainder of my login session (sudo kextunload -b com.sonnet.driver.SXHCD). Will report back if this seems to resolve it.

Update:
Sadly, looks like I'll have to leave this SXHCD driver disabled - it does seem to be causing some sleep issue for me.
I guess I'll just have to wait for one of these usb3 drivers to update to full el capitan compatibility.

Last edited:
Hi,

I followed the guide and identified my NEC Renasas roms as Vendor ID: 1033 / Device ID: 0194 rev 4 uPD720200a on an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe board. After flashing to the Sonnet Vendor id device id was able to get the front panel usb 3 ports finally working with the Sonnet kexts but if I plugged the usb flash key into the rear usb 3 ports it wouldnt get recognized or powerup even after replugging it in to the front usb3 ports. Replugging the flash key into another computer and back again reset it so it got recognized. Was wondering would changing those last four pin numbers unlock the back ports?

Thanks

edit: LSPCI still identifies the devices at 1033 0194. Weird.

Hi,

I followed the guide and identified my NEC Renasas roms as Vendor ID: 1033 / Device ID: 0194 rev 4 uPD720200a on an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe board. After flashing to the Sonnet Vendor id device id was able to get the front panel usb 3 ports finally working with the Sonnet kexts but if I plugged the usb flash key into the rear usb 3 ports it wouldnt get recognized or powerup even after replugging it in to the front usb3 ports. Replugging the flash key into another computer and back again reset it so it got recognized. Was wondering would changing those last four pin numbers unlock the back ports?

Thanks

edit: LSPCI still identifies the devices at 1033 0194. Weird.

All Renesas has Device id: 0194 and Vendor id: 1033, because main is Renesas. In lspci don't show subsystem/subvendor id.

Then it's ok to show that 1033:0194

I was able to get this to work using Sonnet ids on my El Capitan Clover legacy bios build with GA-H55M-USB3 board.
(Formerly it was working fine with multibeast patched NEC drivers in Yosemite.)

d200fw32 reported the chip as "uPD720200(Revision 3)"
I flashed w/ F303408.MEM and the Sonnet sub ids.

Both a generic 2.5" USB 3.0 disk enclosure as well as a USB 3.0 flash stick seem to work fine, although they dont show up in USB in system info for some reason. (They do show up in storage.). The driver does seem to be loaded however:
$ kextstat |grep SXHCD
52 0 0xffffff7f80ef7000 0x1d000 0x1d000 com.sonnet.driver.SXHCD (1.27.9b2) 9C26DF79-6D25-31E9-8F6A-6A38D101012B <40 12 7 5 4 3>

One issue I am noticing is that the devices give one of those unplug errors (when you remove a usb drive without ejecting first) after waking up from sleep.

Edit:
Warning, I noticed that I am also having some strange issue where my machine works mostly fine for first sleep/wake cycle, but seems to not go into complete sleep on second sleep, and wont wake back up (needs to be reset/power cycled.) This was even with nothign plugged into usb3 ports. As this is a new El Capitan/Clover build and likely has some big differences from my mostly stable Yosemite/Chimera build, I'm not sure if it's related, so im currently running through more testing, by removing the Sonnet kext for the remainder of my login session (sudo kextunload -b com.sonnet.driver.SXHCD). Will report back if this seems to resolve it.

Update:
Sadly, looks like I'll have to leave this SXHCD driver disabled - it does seem to be causing some sleep issue for me.
I guess I'll just have to wait for one of these usb3 drivers to update to full el capitan compatibility.

I've got uDP720200 (rev 4) and I've flashed to the Sonnet ids.
I've installed the drivers of Sonnet afterwards, but my port still doesn't work.
Do you have any tips?
thanks

uPD720200a rev4 now up and running using Sonnet sub-device and sub-system id's

Thank you very much, amazing... i had given up hope.
You made my day, :clap::headbang:

Hi

I have PCI-E USB3 chinese with chipset D720201

What the best Vendor and device can i apply for this product and what driver

I try apple 05AC /8007

but Apple USBXHCI panic ...

this is my original product

Gestionnaire du contrôleur de l’hôte : AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Identifiant du périphérique PCI : 0x0014
Identifiant de révision du PCI : 0x0003
Identifiant du fournisseur du PCI : 0x1912

Thanks a lot for your help

Trying to uninstall Lacie PXHCD kext from Sierra and deleted it from SLE but still getting a minor KP giving error message in logs. Anyone know how to wipe it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back