Contribute
Register

Making an AMD RX580 2048SP Graphics Card Work on Hackintosh

@Ash: Yes, I'd like to help. Please zip and post your video card's original rom file. If you can, please also post a screenshot of your video card info with GPU-Z (free download from https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/)

@folkevil: In general, it is not a good idea to use another video card's rom file unless your video card is identical to the other video card. Flashing your video card's rom with a wrong rom file could render your video card useless (brick it).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
@Ash: Yes, I'd like to help. Please zip and post your video card's original rom file. If you can, please also post a screenshot of your video card info with GPU-Z (free download from https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/)

@folkevil: In general, it is not a good idea to use another video card's rom file unless your video card is identical to the other video card. Flashing your video card's rom with a wrong rom file could render your video card useless (brick it).

Attachments

• Bios orig.rar
    133.8 KB · Views: 17
@Ash:
Your uploaded video card rom/bios file doesn't appear to be the original, because its check sum is invalid. I assume that the content of your rom file was somehow changed during your export or upload process. Anyway, I corrected the invalid check sum and made three changes to your uploaded rom/bios file:
  • Changed your graphics card model from RX580 2048SP to RX580 2304SP
  • Changed your graphics card device ID from 0x6FDF to 0x67DF
  • Patched your rom file's GOP UEFI signature section with GOP version 1.69
The modified rom file is attached. Please keep a good backup copy of your original rom file in a safe place (I suggest that you export the original rom again with GPU-Z just to be safe, before flashing the card with the modified rom). If the modified rom doesn't work, you'll need to flash the card with the original rom to restore it.

Attachments

• modcrc.rom.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 26
@Ash:
Your uploaded video card rom/bios file doesn't appear to be the original, because its check sum is invalid. I assume that the content of your rom file was somehow changed during your export or upload process. Anyway, I corrected the invalid check sum and made three changes to your uploaded rom/bios file:
The modified rom file is attached. Please keep a good backup copy of your original rom file in a safe place (I suggest that you export the original rom again with GPU-Z just to be safe, before flashing the card with the modified rom). If the modified rom doesn't work, you'll need to flash the card with the original rom to restore it.
Thank you friend for your time! I'll test it later!

@Ash:
Unfortunately I got a black screen! I had to flash the stock bios! But thanks anyway for your time.

Unfortunately I got a black screen! I had to flash the stock bios! But thanks anyway for your time.
Sorry to hear it. If you can find a copy of the original bios file (the bios file that doesn't have the check sum error), I can help re-do the modification with the original bios file. Alternatively, if you tell me the brand and model of your video card (the description on the video card box), I'll try to search for its original bios on the Internet and use the original bios file to re-create a mod bios for you.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it. If you can find a copy of the original bios file (the bios file that doesn't have the check sum error), I can help re-do the modification with the original bios file. Alternatively, if you tell me the brand and model of your video card (the description on the video card box), I'll try to search for its original bios on the Internet and use the original bios file to re-create a mod bios for you.
Hello friend!Thank you for volunteering to help, all the information that I have in the archive! The MingZhou RX580 2048SP graphics card. The video chip is from the 570 version. The bios that is in the archive is original, it was supplied with a video card and works well at the moment, but only on Windows

Attachments

• MingZhou RX580 2048SP.rar
    432.4 KB · Views: 10
@Ash:
Good news - your newly uploaded vbios file's check sum is valid. However, it looks that the file has already been patched with GOP UEFI signature version 1.69 (a sign that it may not be the original rom). I searched TechPowerUp's vbios database for your card's original rom file. I found your card in their database, but the database's original rom is for MingZhou 4GB RX580 2048SP video card, not for your 8GB RX580 2048SP video card. Weighing out the risk between using your newly uploaded rom (which was already patched with GOP UEFI signature - a sign that it may not be the original rom) and using the downloaded MingZhou 4GB 2048SP rom (wrong RAM size), I decided to use your newly uploaded bios file. If it doesn't work, I'll try the downloaded 4GB MingZhou rom file. Since you mentioned that your card's chipset is actually a RX570 one, I decided to alighn the modified rom with RX570 instead of RX580. Attached is the modified rom based on your newly uploaded bios file. Please let me know how it works. BTW, after you flash the card with the modified rom, turn off the power to the computer (unplug the power cord) and wait for at least 60 seconds before turning on the power (to rid of any cached memory of the old rom in the RAM).

Attachments

• AshNewCRC.rar
    108.3 KB · Views: 36
Thank you friend!!!! Everything worked out, the card was immediately recognized in mac os
@Ash:
Good news - your newly uploaded vbios file's check sum is valid. However, it looks that the file has already been patched with GOP UEFI signature version 1.69 (a sign that it may not be the original rom). I searched TechPowerUp's vbios database for your card's original rom file. I found your card in their database, but the database's original rom is for MingZhou 4GB RX580 2048SP video card, not for your 8GB RX580 2048SP video card. Weighing out the risk between using your newly uploaded rom (which was already patched with GOP UEFI signature - a sign that it may not be the original rom) and using the downloaded MingZhou 4GB 2048SP rom (wrong RAM size), I decided to use your newly uploaded bios file. If it doesn't work, I'll try the downloaded 4GB MingZhou rom file. Since you mentioned that your card's chipset is actually a RX570 one, I decided to alighn the modified rom with RX570 instead of RX580. Attached is the modified rom based on your newly uploaded bios file. Please let me know how it works. BTW, after you flash the card with the modified rom, turn off the power to the computer (unplug the power cord) and wait for at least 60 seconds before turning on the power (to rid of any cached memory of the old rom in the RAM).

Thank you friend!!!! Everything worked out, the card was immediately recognized in mac os

Glad that the card is finally recognized by the macOS.

Back