Contribute
Register

MacOS Ventura x299 Thread

Unfortunately, since Big Sur 11.3, the standard method for configuring USB ports has been unavailable. This is why we recommend you install Catalina first, configure your USB ports as a USBPorts.kext, and then upgrade to Monterey or Ventura.

However, to try and help you I have created a USBPorts.kext for you which activates all 14x of the USB2 ports. None of the USB3 at this point. As all ports on the X299 are at least USB2 this should help get a keyboard and mouse working. BUT remember not to plug in a USB3 device into a USB3 port as it will not work until the full configuration is done.

Just put the kext in your OC/kexts folder and declare it in your config.plist. It only has the PlistPath, not an ExecutablePath.
Thank you, do I need InjectALL kext disabled? You mention "Full configuration" need to be done. What is the guide fir that?

On Monterey 12.6.1 I am completely fine with InjectAllUSB.kext. Everything works perfect, except two USB slots but I am completely fine with that. I have USB Audio interface, keyboard, wireless mouse, iLok dongle, USB master keyboard etc. and everything works perfect. Is this issue with Ventura installation stuck really USB problem at 100%? Just asking. Why Monterey perfectly works but Ventura is not able to install with this memory panic stackshot mssg...

1667314162660.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 38
@poshook A different way to say what the others are trying to teach you, take your EFI folder and what they gave you for USB, use it to do an install on different drive with an older MacOS, Catalina is best. Then, use the guide that @Feartech gave on page 1 of this thread.

You have to get the USB properly mapped on an OS prior to 11.3. It seems that you got it basically working in Monterey out of blind luck.

To go forward, first you need to temporarily go backwards in OS to get your config dialed, before moving to Ventura...

I started with the guide you sent me, there are two steps. I did eveything in first step, there is reboot required to continue to second step but after reboot, none of my usb port work, even keyboard and mouse do not work. Really bad guide as now I am not able even write a password to login into desktop. what now? I am compeletly cut off from my computer

I am completely fine with InjectAllUSB.kext. Everything works perfect,

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you had USB problems. Never mind. Ignore my post.

@poshook A different way to say what the others are trying to teach you, take your EFI folder and what they gave you for USB, use it to do an install on different drive with an older MacOS, Catalina is best. Then, use the guide that @Feartech gave on page 1 of this thread.

You have to get the USB properly mapped on an OS prior to 11.3. It seems that you got it basically working in Monterey out of blind luck.

To go forward, first you need to temporarily go backwards in OS to get your config dialed, before moving to Ventura...

Understand your point but I have no Catalina or any legacy MacOS anywhere. I have just this computer with Monterey and a windows laptop. Do you want me to buy a SSD and spend a week to install and troubleshot Catalina hackintosh in order to fix my USB ports to see wether it helps or not in Ventura installation? Are you sure that the issue is really related to USB Port mapping?

Understand your point but I have no Catalina or any legacy MacOS anywhere. I have just this computer with Monterey and a windows laptop. Do you want me to buy a SSD and spend a week to install and troubleshot Catalina hackintosh in order to fix my USB ports to see wether it helps or not in Ventura installation? Are you sure that the issue is really related to USB Port mapping?
you need to do the USBPorts or it will cause issues, stop complaining about it and get it sorted

test your installer by setting SecureBootModel to Enabled/Disabled

After looking over your config.plist, I found some things that maybe missing from your setup, as compared to mine.

If you look here, in the OpenCore Setup Guide there are some things that are needed, unless you are savy enough to make your own .aml files. Maybe test on a USB boot stick for now. I can send my config file if you would like to compare and test with your system.

No I'm not suggesting to go get another SSD, but if you have a different drive that would be helpful.

BTW you can download other MacOS's directly from Apple in the Dortania Guide...

Dortania HEDT section, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-HEDT/skylake-x.html#starting-point

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 8.16.47 AM.png

After looking over your config.plist, I found some things that maybe missing from your setup, as compared to mine.

If you look here, in the OpenCore Setup Guide there are some things that are needed, unless you are savy enough to make your own .aml files. Maybe test on a USB boot stick for now. I can send my config file if you would like to compare and test with your system.

No I'm not suggesting to go get another SSD, but if you have a different drive that would be helpful.

BTW you can download other MacOS's directly from Apple in the Dortania Guide...

Dortania HEDT section, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-HEDT/skylake-x.html#starting-point

View attachment 557483
Adding those amls into ACPI folder and config plist does not boot. Thank you, I will stay with Monterey 12.6.1 for now. It works fine, thank you anyway for your support

Unfortunately, since Big Sur 11.3, the standard method for configuring USB ports has been unavailable. This is why we recommend you install Catalina first, configure your USB ports as a USBPorts.kext, and then upgrade to Monterey or Ventura.

However, to try and help you I have created a USBPorts.kext for you which activates all 14x of the USB2 ports. None of the USB3 at this point. As all ports on the X299 are at least USB2 this should help get a keyboard and mouse working. BUT remember not to plug in a USB3 device into a USB3 port as it will not work until the full configuration is done.

Just put the kext in your OC/kexts folder and declare it in your config.plist. It only has the PlistPath, not an ExecutablePath.
I used your USBPort.kext, declared in config.plist. It makes usb devices working after reboot. Just tried to run Ventura installation but it got stuck at the same line as with InjectAllUSB.kext. I think that the problem of installation is not related to USB.

Back