Contribute
Register

MacOS Ventura x299 Thread

I am on Monterey 12.6.1 which works like a charm and updating via Software Update to Ventura

I am on Monterey 12.6.1 which works like a charm and updating via Software Update to Ventura
having your USB ports setup correctly is a must

having your USB ports setup correctly is a must
Ok, however USB ports setup is way too much for my skills. I would need step by step guide or youtube viedo how to do it properly

it isn't that difficult when you start the guide
I started with the guide you sent me, there are two steps. I did eveything in first step, there is reboot required to continue to second step but after reboot, none of my usb port work, even keyboard and mouse do not work. Really bad guide as now I am not able even write a password to login into desktop. what now? I am compeletly cut off from my computer

I started with the guide you sent me, there are two steps. I did eveything in first step, there is reboot required to continue to second step but after reboot, none of my usb port work, even keyboard and mouse do not work. Really bad guide as now I am not able even write a password to login into desktop. what now? I am compeletly cut off from my computer
the guide is solid and works fine when you use ether High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina as stated

so maybe you should read first before you comment

the guide is solid and works fine when you use ether High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina as stated

so maybe you should read first before you comment
but I wrote that I have Monterey 12.6.1 and trying to update to Ventura. Is there any alternative guide for Monterey? I have emergency USB stick so I can boot with that. Can I use that USB Beginners guide to USB configuration in Monterey, is that guide the same?

Last edited:
but I wrote that I have Monterey 12.6.1 and trying to update to Ventura. Is there any alternative guide for Monterey? I have emergency USB stick so I can boot with that. Can I use that USB Beginners guide to USB configuration in Monterey, is that guide the same?
I already told you the guide was for Catalina

I already told you the guide was for Catalina
Ok, understand, so how can I do it in Monterey as I have troubles to install Ventura because of this.

Ok, understand, so how can I do it in Monterey as I have troubles to install Ventura because of this.

Unfortunately, since Big Sur 11.3, the standard method for configuring USB ports has been unavailable. This is why we recommend you install Catalina first, configure your USB ports as a USBPorts.kext, and then upgrade to Monterey or Ventura.

However, to try and help you I have created a USBPorts.kext for you which activates all 14x of the USB2 ports. None of the USB3 at this point. As all ports on the X299 are at least USB2 this should help get a keyboard and mouse working. BUT remember not to plug in a USB3 device into a USB3 port as it will not work until the full configuration is done.

Just put the kext in your OC/kexts folder and declare it in your config.plist. It only has the PlistPath, not an ExecutablePath.

Attachments

• USBPorts.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 16
Back