Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma to be released Tuesday, September 26th

I just hope that when OCLP will be updated for Sonoma, enabling wifi will be easier... Oh and also being able to download the delta when an update is released, not the full 12GBish update which is the case for the moment, right?
There's a 4.81GB Sonoma update from Ventura.

I just hope that when OCLP will be updated for Sonoma, enabling wifi will be easier... Oh and also being able to download the delta when an update is released, not the full 12GBish update which is the case for the moment, right?
Yes - Updating Sonoma with OCLP in place can be a little cumbersome as you will be offered the full 12GB or so, but to get the small update increment all you need to do is revert the OCLP patches via the OCLP App, reboot, clean NvRAM at least twice and the Sonoma increment update will be offered instead of the full one.

Yes - Updating Sonoma with OCLP in place can be a little cumbersome as you will be offered the full 12GB or so, but to get the small update increment all you need to do is revert the OCLP patches via the OCLP App, reboot, clean NvRAM at least twice and the Sonoma increment update will be offered instead of the full one.
Are you saying that the OCLP WiFi patch survives Sonoma updates? That would make life much easier for me as I am completely dependent upon WiFi for my Internet connection. I wouldn't mind the full 12GB download if that were true. Also, will the OCLP patch process be very clear and user friendly?

Are you saying that the OCLP WiFi patch survives Sonoma updates?

Unlikely. The post you replied to was about full OS installer downloads versus smaller OS updates.

Remember that the files OCLP "patches" will likely be new and updated in a new OS version, so the patch is dumped. However, if those WiFi ones aren't actually a part of the update, you may get lucky. Usually though you'll find the whole kit-and-kaboodle is updated.

Unlikely. The post you replied to was about full OS installer downloads versus smaller OS updates.
Actually this is a bit of a grey area. This is actually proven by me and others. With the OCLP patches in place coupled with the RestrictEvent.kext in the kext folder and config.plist, the update will be offered but it will be the full 12gb or so.

The one other caveat, you need to have SIP fully enabled for any size update regardless.
I stumbled across this fact after complaining about only being offered the full update instead of incremental.
I was directed to have the fore mentioned kext in place, enable SIP and revert the OCLP patches within the App.
I have been doing this method from then on and it works.

The OCLP App is still in Beta mode so hopefully as time goes on, it will get easier in it's operation.
I am not going to complain as it offers all full Apple Services like before they dropped support for the various WiFi Cards including the favoured Fenvi-T919.

Are you saying that the OCLP WiFi patch survives Sonoma updates?
No.

1. RestrictEvents.kext + revpatch=sbvmm flag forces your system to get OTA updates no matter the SMBIOS used or any other configuration that might prevent the system from getting OTA via Software Update.

2. Once OCLP Wifi patch is applied, the system volume becomes broken, and once the system volume is broken, small delta updates will not be available. You can only install the full updates at this point.

3. Here is the catch however. OCLP has an option called "Revert Root Patches". This allows to return system volume be sealed again. Once the system volume is sealed again, small delta update should be available.

Last edited:
No.

1. RestrictEvents.kext + revpatch=sbvmm flag forces you go get OTA updates no matter the SMBIOS you use or any other configuration that might prevent you from getting OTA via Software Update.

2. Once OCLP Wifi patch is applied, the system volume becomes broken, and once the system volume is broken, small delta updates will not be available. You can only install the full updates at this point

3. Here is the catch however. OCLP has an option called "Revert Root Patches". This allows to return system volume be sealed again. Once the system volume is sealed again, small delta update should be available.
Thank you! Much more concise than my explanation, plus don't forget SIP should be fully enabled.

Wait the BCM94360NG by Fenvi for exemple doesn't work nativelly on Sonoma? What a bummer...

Unfortunately Apple has discontinued support for previous Cards that worked/works in Ventura and previous OS versions. All is not lost though as you can get WiFi working again with OCLP just as before.

All Apple Services are working on my rig just like a real Mac, Continuity Hand Off to iPhone Camera, iMessage, App Store, Apple TV+ etc is all there.
As you can see from the attached pic WiFi is working like in Ventura.
does airdrop works with Broadcom wifi cards on Sonoma?

Back