Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

I have some USB wifi dongles. This patch seems to support them in Sonoma, does anyone had success with this patch? https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter and https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter? (latter for Opencore projects). Mine are certainly Tp-link adapters and probably with Realtek inside (one is Archer T3U, another TL-WN723Nv2/v3). This driver certainly works in Monterey. I think I had success with this driver when suddenly my Fenvi card was misbehaving. Strangely enough, this iinstallation not only worked in Monterey but also fixed wifi problems with Fenvi card.

Last edited:
This patch seems to support them in Sonoma, does anyone had success with this patch?
There's a whole dedicated thread on this topic. Does work in Sonoma. Chris already had it working on June 6th.

Use version 16 of the patcher. Any adapter that is RTL8812AU (realtek) based should also work with this method. The Fenvi AC1300 adapter is RTL8812BU based and will work the same way that TP-Link/Realtek adapters do.

Last edited:
I updated OpenCore and Kexts, then upgraded with the Delta-Installer. SMBIOS iMac 19,1. Took about 35 Minutes. Intel Power Gadget required to touch the Extensions Folder and a Reboot, then it worked. I am not using Wifi, everything up and running.

Last edited:
There's a whole dedicated thread on this topic. Does work in Sonoma. Chris already had it working on June 6th.

Use version 16 of the patcher. Any adapter that is RTL8812AU (realtek) based should also work with this method. The Fenvi AC1300 adapter is RTL8812BU based and will work the same way that TP-Link/Realtek adapters do.

Thats great news thank you so much! I am using Fenvi T919, a broadcom card, so not yet upgrading. Still have Realtec USB wifi, but much prefer Fenvi.

I still remain in Ventura. chris1111 made a good work. Congrats. But I need location service active. And also, having the SIP disabled gives me creeps. I cannot get macOS updates from Apple. Too many patches. I hope the good hackintoshers will find a decent solution to can work with broadcom vifi adapters and SIP enabled.

But I need location service active. And also, having the SIP disabled gives me creeps.
SIP no longer has to stay enabled when using Chris1111 drivers.

Works!!! on Dell 9020 Core i5 4th generation. Upgrade some kexts and install with EFI Ventura.

Upgraded with no issues! WiFi works the Opencore Patcher. BUT with SIP disabled I have a lots of little problems (Firefox crashes, Whatsapp doesen't start, some disks don't show up, ...). When I change csr-active-config from 03080000 to 00000000 everything works but not WiFi :banghead:

Screenshot 2023-10-06 alle 16.17.17.png

Last edited:
with SIP disabled I have a lots of little problems
For everyone with Broadcom WiFi/BT issues in Sonoma.... Read and post in the thread specific to this topic.

Last edited:
Back