Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 10.14.36 AM.png
Was able to upgrade but with a few issues:
1) Upgrade from the full combo installer within macOS didn't work. When it restarted and OC selected the macOS Installer partition, OC would not handoff and it would stay stuck at [LOG:EXITBS:START]
2) Software Update from System Settings also didn't work as I got a check your Internet Connection error repeatedly
3) I created a USB installer and tried that but it also got stuck
4) Steps that finally worked-
  1. Created USB installer
  2. Changed OC 0.9.5 settings (which didn't help get past step 1 and step 2)
    • Set Kernel>MaxKernel from 22.99.99 to 23.99.99
    • Set Misc>Security>SecureBootModel to j60 since I'm using a Mac Pro SMBIOS - it was never set to that in the first place
  3. Loaded the USB installer and upgrading that way (Recovery method installed over existing macOS Ventura)
Intel Wireless and Bluetooth are working.

Last edited:
On my laptop Dell 7280 (OpenCore 0.9.5)

Originally using SMBIOS Macbook Pro. 14,1 Switched to SMBIOS for MacBook Pro 15,2

Installed Sonoma using the full disk image. No issues at all. But of course WIFI no longer works.

Have not switched the broadcom Wifi card to the original Intel Wifi that came with the laptop. But it seems this the best solution instead of using OCLP.

1. Had to fix/verify the USB Port Mappings (Mine specified the SMBIOS).
  2. The OS seems to be slower. Maybe it's the moving wallpaper using resources.

So far, everything has been good.

Godspeed early adopters. This is definitely a “wait until 14.1/14.2” situation for me.
I would not upgrade at all. Don't see anything special on Sonoma other than silly features. Definitely not needed for a daily work flow. Sonoma is just a play ground for more and more silly features. Nothing serious!

You need to use the AMFIPass.kext and remove that amfi=0x80 from the boot-args for Dropbox to work. See this post (towards the end). Also need to add -amfipassbeta to the boot-args.

Add: AMFIPass.kext, -amfipassbeta (boot-arg)
Remove: amfi=0x80
In terms of order in the order in the config.plist, is there a specific place the AMFIPass.kext should reside? (Like before the kexts added from OCLP steps?)

I would not upgrade at all. Don't see anything special on Sonoma other than silly features. Definitely not needed for a daily work flow. Sonoma is just a play ground for more and more silly features. Nothing serious!
Or you keep degrading Sonoma because your Wi-Fi is unsupported natively...

Or you keep degrading Sonoma because your Wi-Fi is unsupported natively...
My wife has a MacBook Pro, and, after she installed Sonoma, she switched back to Ventura after playing with it for few hours. Again, in my opinion, SONOMA is not worth any hype at all. You are more than welcome to voice your opinion, no worries, not feeling offended at all. Even if WiFi would work on Sonoma on my machine, I would promptly switch back to Ventura.

Evening everyone I managed to update from Ventura to Sonoma the only flaw is the wifi, I have tried in every way to disable SIP but opencore legacy always gives it to me active, what can I do thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 alle 17.56.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 alle 17.56.58.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 54
In terms of order in the order in the config.plist, is there a specific place the AMFIPass.kext should reside? (Like before the kexts added from OCLP steps?)
I add it as the last kext in the config.plist, after all the other kexts that OCLP uses.

Back