Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

not that many of you will care about my opinion but SONOMA is a waste. All the dumb background effects and widgets is just not worth the upgrade from Ventura or even Monterey! I am sticking with Ventura as long as possible using my old faithful Broadcom WIFI etc. Enjoy the Sonoma game guys. No offense to anyone here that loves Sonoma already!

Game Mode on Sonoma can not be easily replicated on older versions of macOS.

Game Mode on Sonoma can not be easily replicated on older versions of macOS.
GAMES on MAC will NEVER be the same as on a powerful gaming PC or a game console. I think Apple should stick to APPLE and not go for Gaming Fruits;)

GAMES on MAC will NEVER be the same as on a powerful gaming PC or a game console. I think Apple should stick to APPLE and not go for Gaming Fruits;)

I use my Mac with emulators and Game Mode works. Ryujinx, RPCS3, AetherSX2, and Dolphin run better on my Mac than any other system I have.

So, yeah, Sonoma is not JUST wallpapers and widgets..

Last edited:
I use my Mac with emulators and Game Mode works. Ryuginx, RPCS3, AetherSX2, and Dolphin run better on my Mac than any other system I have.
what is the best system for gaming you have, mind sharing this info?

26-minute upgrade of macOS 14.0 (23A344) for my Z370 build with OpenCore 0.9.5
截圖 2023-09-27 21.33.01a.png

OTA didn't work that I had to download the full installation.

26-minute upgrade of macOS 14.0 (23A344) for my Z370 build with OpenCore 0.9.5
View attachment 572068
OTA didn't work that I had to download the full installation.
Still a MAC, my opinion, MAC is not a Gaming platform at all. More like comparing SEGA or GameBoy to X-Box or PS.

Using the boot arg revpatch=sbvmm worked for me!, the last update was 450 odd MB!.

Using the OCLP patches for a BCM94360CD card ?
Nope. This build didn't feature Wi-Fi and it uses simply OpenCore. Possibly the kexts for Bluetooth caused it but I didn't want to disable them just for spending fewer minutes on downloading. OTA worked for previous Ventura updates however.

Back