Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Upgraded with no issues. WiFi fixed as well using the Opencore Patcher.
I’m going to find out if the SmallTree drivers are going to brick when I install today :lol:

I’m all backed up so worse case, I just restore everything.

Do we have to do the same patch over and over again every time there’s an update?

Success with the desktop - Dell Inspiron 3471, i3-9100. OC 0.9.5 and latest kexts. But the laptop is Kabylake, i5-7200 and is configured as MacBookPro14,1 . It will need a new identity to update.

Welp, it installed. RestrictEvents.kext was necessary for it to even attempt to download, and even then it downloaded the full installer after failing with the 4-5GB delta. Now if only it would restart without tripping UEFI safe mode... And the UEFI safe mode problem was fixed by turning off the legacy RTC patch and turning on OpenCore's own DisableRtcChecksum quirk. Happy days.
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 19.44.09.png

Last edited:
Installed Sonoma with no issue. Followed the install guide and now have intel BT/wi-fi working and stable. My Broadcom Bluetooth was playing havoc since Ventura and impossible on Sonoma. Switched to intel and surprised how stable my connection is now! thanks for the guide or I would never have gotten BT/Wi-Fi working.

Last edited:
Installed Sonoma with no issue. Followed the install guide and now have intel BT/wi-fi working and stable. My Broadcom Bluetooth was playing havoc since Ventura and impossible on Sonoma. Switched to intel and surprised how stable my connection is now!
What install guide for Intel BT/WiFi?

Full installer now available in Mac App Store:

anyone have the broadcom bcm94352z and wifi works after installed sonoma?

Back