Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra with Nvidia Gt 610 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have not been able to find out is whether the GT 610 issue is a bug or if it's simply not powerful enough for Sierra and support has been dropped.

Id say its a problem with Sierra not with the card or config.plist. Some cards are just broken in 10.12 hopefully it'll be fixed in 10.12.1.

MacBook 2008... that's not supported in sierra?. You would need 2009+ Smbios.

Edit: might be more of that gpu

Macbook Pro 2009 isn't supported with Sierra. Will need to use Macbook Pro 2010 7,1.

Id say its a problem with Sierra not with the card or config.plist. Some cards are just broken in 10.12 hopefully it'll be fixed in 10.12.1.

Thanks guys ; but it is not about system definitions , now i set it to IMac 14.2 2013 , and still the same problem , i'm gonna wait for some updates and hopefully it will work , because i would like to see siri up and running

The problem is the GeForce.kext in 10.12. It isn't loading with the GT 610. There were major changes with that kext from 10.11.6 to 10.12.

Well if that's the case . The kext need's to be modified by developpers .

Last edited:
Well if that's the case . The kext need's to be modified by developpers .

Hi viruskn

I know it's not the purpose in there, but I'm struggling with a gt 610 trying to work from El Capitan with DVI monitor + VGA monitor. The first issue is I can't even boot properly with only the DVI monitor plugged.

Could you share your config please?

Thanks
Jessy

it's ok , first of all i have set the hackintosh as an " iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)" , and the other specs are in the file below

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 358
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back