Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra with Nvidia Gt 610 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then, here is my reply to this, essentially same as what leinadsnake wrote, this story YES STORY, started yesterday, what was happening was that i have been using my integrated because my dedicated(gt 610) would not load with sierra; Black screen, but with my integrated i have this issue which is the HD 530 Glitch on the top left, i got annoyed with it, tried every AND I MEAN EVERY SOLUTION, non of them work, in my head i was thinking, "Well im screwed" but i had a tad too much resillience and went into the clover bootloader settings and this is what i did, instead of the model name being: Asus geforce gt 610, i changed it to geforce gt 610, JUST REMOVE THE BRAND NAME, also i injected nvidia, had web drivers installed and also video bios enabled so i started sierra and poof, it loads but as leinadsnake said, it gets stuck, it even seems like it has ACELLERATION! but ofcourse it was frozen so i tried to disable web drivers i dont even know what i was thinking, and same result happened, at this point i think the nvidia web drivers are not associated with the gt 610 which basically means that nVidia are trying to say, "**** ALL THE GT 610 USERS, BUY SOMETHING BETTER SO WE GET MORE MONEY, WE AINT PUTTING SUPPORT INTO SOMETHING IF IT MEANS WE ARE GOING TO MAKE MONEY." Nvidia are obviously gonna do this so we either have to buy a better gpu or develop our own drivers for the gt 610, nvidia ARE NOT GOING TO WASTE THEIR TIME MAKING THIS DRIVER SO THEY MAKE MORE MONEY. In my opinion, nVidia's web drivers do not affect the gt 610. Thanks! (i personally have a gt 610 as my primary gpu hence why i have windows 10 installed on another hdd so if sierra messes up i always have a virtual machine to fix it. Unless Apple go fully ballistic and format any type of ntfs drive.) The message here is, ask nvidia to develop a web driver for the gt 610 or develop 1 ourselves!

Hey please can anyone try with chameleon bootloader some said it works

Hey please can anyone try with chameleon bootloader some said it works

The GT520 and GT610 definitely do not work with Sierra. This unfortunate situation is down to Apple and it has nothing to do with the bootloader used in CustoMacs.

Profiles need to contain your hardware information - CPU model, GPU model and motherboard model. TIA

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

(Never give up!..) :)

Same problem here with NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M (10de:1050) GF119 under Sierra 10.12.x.
But, someone with GT 540M & GT 615 (GF108, Fermi, non-Optimus) got it to works.

I have no more ideas, just recently did some tests by replacing my 10.12.5 Beta's "CoreDisplay" binary with 10.12.3's vanilla located on..
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/A/CoreDisplay
...then it works, with QE/CI enabled graphics. "BUT..." (since it' s a framework) it caused ton of bugs:
~ Switching to non-native Display Resolutions will make System HANG immediately (not just a black screen)..!!!
~ Notification Center, Display Contrast, Invert Color & Test Screen Flash on Accessiblity don't work. ACPI Display Brightness works though.
~ Display Preference crash, QT Sreen Recording not working, (1080p video playing works though, some OpenGL 2.1 - 4.1 Games also work just fine)
~ a "Fake Metal Supported Graphics" on System Information, and more bugs...

The idea comes from System Logs appeared after my graphics crashed WindowServer with vanilla installation after Login Screen (it' s funny, I mean not funny ha ha but funny :lol: ; also got same freeze issue while trying to go to installation screen w/o nv_disable=1 boot-arg). This reminds me while Ubuntu moved on Gnome Desktop Environment to Unity (not exactly same but just similar) few years ago and it crashed my Tesla G210 & 8400GS.

Plz note: Since this is experimental, I have no suggestion trying it on ur production mach & make a backup first. I don't guarantee this will work, especially.. CodeSigning also applied on Apple's binary frameworks. DWYOR!!!

#Edit: Also replace "DisplayServices" binary with 10.12.3's vanilla located on:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DisplayServices.framework/Versions/A/DisplayServices

#Edit2: I think CoreDisplayFixup with Lilu would fix this problem on the future. I'm not really sure but, I appreciate it.
https://github.com/P...oreDisplayFixup

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 4.57.20 PM.jpg

Last edited:
The GT520 and GT610 definitely do not work with Sierra. This unfortunate situation is down to Apple and it has nothing to do with the bootloader used in CustoMacs.

Profiles need to contain your hardware information - CPU model, GPU model and motherboard model. TIA

https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
done

I would suggest running El Capitan or changing out the GT610 for another card that is known to work. At this point in time the GT710 is supposed to work just fine.

Hey Guys i have installed MacOs Sierra on my PC lately and i'm having a problem with the GPU , The system only boots if the nv_disable = 1 flag is activated , and it sucks without the graphic acceleration .
I tried Nvidia Webdrivers , Kexts .... Changed the System definitions Nothing seems to work .

info : I have Yosemite and el Capitan on the same PC and they r working perfectly Fine
Photo from el capitan Setup .
View attachment 214346

I've faced the same issue. Somehow nvidia gt 610 is not compatible with mac os seirra. I had to buy a new graphic card. I bought nvidia gt 710 1 GB graphic card and it works perfectly. So I would suggest get a new graphic and you are good to go.
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 4.04.35 PM.png

I've faced the same issue. Somehow nvidia gt 610 is not compatible with mac os seirra. I had to buy a new graphic card. I bought nvidia gt 710 1 GB graphic card and it works perfectly. So I would suggest get a new graphic and you are good to go.
View attachment 248516

which brand nvidia gt 710 1 GB graphic card i was thinking of buying Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 PCI-E2.0 1GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back